Thread: is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #15
Michaelnewerb

yeah i just sorta tested/modified it(bored stay at home mom i got nothing else to do today) i got one of blue treats which i always thought she was crazy for and a handful of her food... didnt even put it in the bowl and it was like id never taught her gental at all lol and when i held out the dog food vs. the treat she went for her dog food. so i started keeping my hand closes till she stopped licking and trying to get the dog food then would give her a few pieces till it was almost gone then i offered the treat and dog food again and she just waited till i gave it to her no excitement about it. only thing is im not sure how this will translate to her bowl vs. my hand but i better understand whats going on in her doggy head, her food is just that darn exciting for her

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

they say "dogs are a personfication of there owners" feed them both in sinc , blue may feel he is playing second fiddle !your dogs do as you feel .
the only thing the two of them really do not together is walking, and thats because boomer is dog reactive and it takes me time to get him to calm and behave on walks. so we walk blue but not boomer. that and blue goes to puppy classes on thur. and boomer stays home. other then that i go by whos acting the right way if i get up in the morning and shes crying making a fuss in her crate boomers out first. if hes crying and acting like a butt in his crate she gets out first either way they both have to sit and wait calmly before i let them out. they go out back together, she normally gets in the car first only because she sits and waits better then boomer does. i feed boomer first only because hes slower and he was here first but i do change it up so that theres no playing fav. its like children you cant favor one over the other and i dont neither does the bf the rules apply to all.