View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
MormefWrarebe

The only time that's happened was actually recently.. with a GSD/bulldog mix pup.. Very long story short they had this 6wk old pup, by 'they' I mean she had no single owner, several teens/young men in the neighborhood passed her around, left her tied (at 6 weeks) outside with no shelter at night, it was cold.. I'd witnessed them beat her for not coming, when I got on them about it they told me it was to 'toughen her up, so she'll be an attack dog' - what?

I asked how much they would sell her for.. they came up with $160. $160 for a mangy, skinny mutt puppy with no shots or anything to prove health or temperament.. I beat them down to $80, which was still ridiculous..

I got her to her new owner that night.. a few days later they asked me where she was, I told them she was sick and I couldn't pay it, so I gave her to a friend who could (not entirely a lie, she did have a pretty decent cold). The one guy immediately demanded I give her back, they even got mad.. I let them know just how much trouble they could get in for all they had, or had not, done with her and they backed off about it.

She was a cutie, too..