View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Ephejvll

Default American Bullies... apparently just for profit. (longish!)
So.. last night, I went out to a "Dog at Large" call. The dog in question, (reported to be a blue pit bull) was actually an American Bully. The cops responded out there as well.. seemed to be curious about the whole thing. Well, they asked the owner what sort of dog it was, and he and I both said at the same time "American Bully." Cops were like... huh? And I told them what all I'd learned here on PBC.. you guys know the spiel. The owner kind of gave me a look, like "did she just say that? does she seriously know what an Am Bully is?" lol. (thanks, PBC!) I even asked him if they were Razor's Edge.. of course they were. Well, anyway.

First thing that he told the cops is that he bought the male named "Headache," for $3,500, but that he made it all back selling the puppies. In fact, dear Headache has already sired one litter, with another on the way! Keep in mind.. Headache is a whole 10.5 months. Barf.

After I issued him a citation for dog at large, I asked him a bit more about the dogs. He said he got Headache from some website in CA.. I think it was West Coast Bullies, but he wasn't sure. He then said that Headache was starting to get too big and sluggish, and he planned to breed him one more time, and then sell him back to the breeder. Apparently, that's the breeder's MO.. sell them for thousands so that folks can make a buck, buy them back, and then try and sell them again. UGH!

Not to mention the current litter that Headache had on the ground was with a pretty UKC APBT (looked amstaff.. poor quality, though). So he's not even keeping with the Am Bully lines. I recommended he check out te ABKC.. he seemed interested. Apparently Headache went to a few Bully shows, placed as high as 3rd. But, since he's selling him.. it's a no go.

I really wish I had pictures of the dogs.. but I don't. But the whole situation just really sucks for the Am Bully crowd.

Oh, on a funny-ish note.. when I was walking out to my truck with the cops, they kind of whispered to me.. "Do they use those bully things for fighting? Are they the new breed?" i seriously laughed, thought seriously about sending him here.. and then just quickly explained that those dogs were too fat to be fought.. cops.. always worrying about the wrong thing.