View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #16
gusunsuth

We walked around some more when 2 dogs off leash came over and started cheking out Bubba. All was ok until this small Collie came over. Because of the long hair I didn't know that it was an intact male. I don't know who started it but all of a sudden they went at it!
I was worried Bubba was going to hurt that dog but instead Bubba body slammed the dog and pinned it to the ground and held him there. I immediately pulled him off and the Collie got up and walked to the owners who were standind about 50 feet away drinking beer by their van.
What is it with freaking Collies?! They're slowly making their way up my sh*t list.

Lucy will pin a dog rather than fight. The first time was at the daycare (dog) I worked at. She went up to a female dog (I think it was a pit/lab mix) and play bowed. The female started growling and showing her teeth. Lucy grabbed her by the throat and pinned her to the ground. She let go when I grabbed her collar. I almost had a heart attack (I was waiting for blood and fur to start flying).