View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #7
Irravepem

I suppose it depends on whether you're a national trucker or local/in-state trucker.

I'd say No, not a good idea if you're National. Going through Denver regardless of the reasons, if the Animal Warden or whoever sees your dog it's immediate death, period. You would also have to know the laws in every state and municipality and county regarding the dog laws and whether they have some form of BSL that is unfortunately gone rampant throughout our allegedly Free Society.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

It's actually funny you mention this, just a day or two a buddy of mine, who is a truck driver who goes around the nation including through Denver, mentioned wanting a "Pit Bull" from the Rescue I'm involved in and I told him I couldn't help him because it's not worth the risk of the dog being confiscated and immediately put to sleep. He was unaware of Denver's BSL. I told him regardless whether it's a Pit Bull or not is really irrelevant. It's up to whichever authorities in Denver to dictate on what is a "Pit Bull" or not. If the individual says it's a Pit Bull then it's a Pit Bull and will be immediately killed. Now he knows.
I agree if you are going through Denver then no, otherwise older pits (over 2) would love to sleep in the bed of your truck all day! Both of my dogs are over 2 and sleep 99% of the time.