View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
ffdfriendforurr

Default Those with two or more pit bulls...
Just wondering if you leave them out alone with you are gone.

I have two who have been together for over a year (one is two and a half one is 1 and a half years old) and I had to kennel them together several months ago due to a foster situation and the fact I didn't trust them out at night. Now I can't kennel them apart. It's a whining fest and even though the kennels are next to each other I have to fight with them to get them into separate kennels. I've never had any aggression from them towards each other or any other dogs or other animals (cats, chickens, goats, horses...)

Last time we went on vacation I had them kenneled and rotated to give them more freedom. My male completely stopped eating! As soon as she started kenneling them at night together he started eating again...but that would mean that one dog would have to spend every other day kenneled for a total of 20 hours!!!

Just looking to ideas and advice to keep them eating while we're gone for two weeks! (Having them stay with someone is not an option since there are only two people we trust, one already has three dogs (she's the one that lives next door and would be taking care of them) and the other can't have dogs on the property at all!)