View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
smirnoffdear

I've been fortunate to play four rounds and making another trip in May this year (for a bachelor party - what a great call instead the 15th trip to Vegas). My advice:
- get a caddie; not cheap but absolutely critical to just know where to aim the ball, how to play shots (especially if you havent played a lot of links golf over there) and the caddie experience of walking with no bag duties is always cool
- great rain gear; real water proof stuff cause you will get wet on that trip if not that round
- dont worry about scoring low; It's actually a relatively easy course to score IF the weather is nice and you know where to hit the ball (see caddie comments above), but if you focus on scoring I think you'll miss the forest through the trees; note it is quirky, so make sure you are not expecting well defined fairways and straight forward shots
-just enjoy as it is truly a magical experience. Amazing how nervous you can be on the first tee with a fairway that is probably 200 yards wide and how awesome it is after playing the Road Hole to play in on 18. There are quite a few people just watching you on these holes, and a good finish on 18 will get you a solid golf clap from strangers...