Thread: Iraq Elections
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 01:09 AM   #18
sbgctsa

I'm kind of new here, could you help me out, which part is the great achievement:
Sure, I'll give you a helping hand, since you're are "kind of new here".

a death toll in the hundreds of thousands? The vast majority of which was at the hands of their own people. The only thing that kept them in line was a psychopathic mass-murderer of a tyrant in Saddam Hussein. His ability to keep the populous in such fear as to over-ride their desire to kill each other isn't really something to advocate. You don't favor Saddam and his tactics, do you?

Millions displaced internally? This was happening before we went in.

millions displaced externally? So was this.

trillions of dollars spent off budget helping sink our nation into an economic crisis not seen in decades? Not trillions, plural. Now if you want to talk about real costs lets talk about how much medicare and medicade costs. Compared to those Iraq is just a drop in the bucket.

thousands of American lives lost? The number that has been lost in 8 years is actually quite commendable. Iraq seems to be slowly showing itself worthy of our sacrifices. I can't say the same for Afghanistan. I will say that nation building is not a good policy.

many more maimed? See above.

...all against a country that was not a threat, did not attack us, and was not involved with planning to attack us. I bet you are 100% on your football picks on Monday night.