View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 07:19 AM   #7
Qwjyrgij

Salaam,

This is another incident from the life of Sultan ul-Awliya, Hadrat Aqdas Mawlana Ibrahim bin Adham rahmatullah alaih, taken from Hadrat Aqdas Mawlana Muhammad Zakariyya Kandhlawi's rahmatullah alaih beautiful book Mashaa-ikh i-Chist:

Someone wanted to know at what time people could come to Hadhrat Ibrahim to listen to his talks. He said, “I am engrossed in four activities. When I have completed them, you may come.

1 - In eternity when Allah Ta’ala took the Pledge from all, he divided mankind into two groups – one for Jannat and one for Jahannum. At all times I am occupied with this worry because I do not know to which group I belong.

2 - When the baby is formed in its mother’s womb, an Angel asks Allah Ta’ala: ‘Should I record him fortunate or unfortunate.’
My constant worry is: Have I been recorded fortunate or unfortunate.

3 - When the Angel takes possession of man’s rooh, he asks: ‘Should I assign this soul to the group of Muslim or Kaafir souls?’
I do not know what answer the Angel will receive regarding my rooh.
This is my constant fear.

4 - It will be commanded in Qiyaamat:
“Become separated (from the pious ones) today, O transgressors!”
I constantly worry in this regard because I do not know into which group I shall be assigned.”

(The full kitaab is on the Majlis website)
Wa alaikumus salaam
This is also in fazail-e-sadaqaat...can't remember exactly where though i'll check!