View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #11
Ferrotoral

Translated below. Rabi'a (RA) used to famously only seek Allah's pleasure and not seek entrance into jannah or salvation from jahannam. Out of her piety she held the view that one should only do works for Allah and not for entering jannah and being saved from jahannam which are both permissible by shari'ah.

Probably that's why she called those who seek the Akhirah of the "disobedient believers".

The early dawn (tahajjud time) prayer of Rabi’ah al-‘adawiyyah rahimahallah

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

Oh my Ilaah, the stars have disappeared and the eyes have slept. The doors of the kings have closed and Your door is open for the supplicants!

Oh my Ilaah and my Master, my portion is not from the Dunya which You have given to the unbelievers, nor is my portion from the end life (Akhirah) which You have given to the disobedient believers. Because I want nothing from the Dunya except Your remembrance, nor do I want anything from the end life except Your Vision (to see You)

Oh my Ilaah, I am not in a difficulty, nor will I complain of any difficulty. My desired object from You, O my Desire, is free of Mann and Salwa (food from Allah given to Bani Israil see al baqarah 2:57) for if You were to give me the Dunya and if You were to give me the Akhirah, I will not be satisfied with the two abodes except with the Vision of al-Mawlaa