View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
_tppga_

Salam

the pagri (turban) is a sunnah. the style of the turban is not of particular importance. Abu Hanifah, Imam Malik, wore different style turbans, the fact that the were wearing turbans fulfilled the sunnah.

recently an imam (hanafi) who gave the the jumaah khutbah at my uni showed up wearing a turban. e was making a point, he said to illustrate the beaty of the sunnah, also he gave a long speech on the virtues of the turban. the reason he wore was because certain salafis(that he met, in the university), he told me, had told him that the amamah (turban) was not a sunnah, so the purpose of his sermon was to clarify the misconceptions. in it he talked about the diff. turban styles of the sahabah and the great imams, but that they all qualified as fulfilling the sunnah. he mentioned a saying that "the turban is the crown of the arab" and that the hadith that stated that the difference between the turban of the muslim and that of the kafir (e.g. sikhs, or the kuffar of makkah fo that era) was that the muslims wore caps under their turbans. i can't give you specific references here but i can assure you that i've also heard those traditions elsewhere.

with regards to references for the hadith about he rewards multiplying 70 times try fazaili-e-aamal, i havent read the book in ages now so i wouldn't be able to point out the particular spot, but i'm willing to bet it's in the section on virtues of salah.
for your reply. Unfortunately i couldn't find any reference for that in fazaili-e-aamal . I also discussed with one of my brother who actively engaged in TJ, and his reply was he couldn't see such hadith or reference about rewards multiplying 70 times. Can anyone help to find in this forum where can i get this in fazaili-e-aamal for following

any sunnah act carried out during prayer multplies the reward of the salah 70 times.