View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #31
medio

salam

you obviously knew what i intended there. miswaak being done during wudu for salah that would follow some point later.

I take it the particular tradition (70 times reward for sunnah act carried out during prayer/for prayer) is not known to anyone here. since i can't provide any references and at this point (from a recent comment) i fear that some might be suspecting me of making this up or twisting hadith to suit my point, i can only share one incident that comes to mind.

during late ramadhan 2002 i was in jamaat and elder spoke of this particular tradition. he was wearing a jamati style turban and a jubbah (probably also had a miswak in his pocket). as he was relating this he was discussing what was meant by the "sunnah" and he gestured to the turban and jubba and said each of these would multiply the rewards of his salah 70 times (this incident i distinctly remember, if only because of his gesturing).

when i next get a chance i'm going to try to get a maulana i know to check up on this. if he finds anything that can support my earlier claim, i'll post it here.

Hope link will help us to understand about turban

There r many statements, but without reference.!!!