View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #19
arrasleds

I am pretty ignorant about N. Korea.. Can anyone tell me how on earth they got the nuclear techology to begin with... Where did the money come from?.. They seem to have no economy to bring any money in.. Do they have some kind of natural resources that I'm not aware of?.. Yes, we have to deal with them but how did it start?
Google something about

1. Japans Occupation of Korea after its decisive victory over Russia in 1905 (battles fought in and around Korea) - actually this is a very important historical event because us Europeans never believed that an asiatic nation could actually win a war against us - remember - Japan was a mediaeval society in 1860 - only took 50 years for them to develop to that point

2. Japans Industrialisation of Korean Peninsula from 1905 - 1945 (Koreans eat meat - bigger - made good workers for the Japanese and were a market for their goods - think of how Britain used the pre-independence US Colonies, Australia, Canada etc)

3. Korean War - important but forgotten - hey - half of our astronauts were combat pilots there - including John Glenn who was also a WWII pacific war ace - read particularly about how the Soviets sold/tested their technology and how the Chinese were there in force

4. Then read about North Korea from about 1953 - 1980 - you will get some idea of how they got their atomic and then hydrogen nuclear program

Good luck!