View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #14
freeprescriptionplanrrx

Separation of Church and state is the law of the land, affirmed on many occasions by the US Supreme Court.
Unfortunately that is true, even though the 1st amendment only says that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

I'll admit that I get sick of seeing Atheist groups sueing everytime Christianity (lets admit it, its mostly the Christians that Atheists target, whether justified or not) steps over "the wall of seperation" but in this instance, good. Since it is not a govt site, how is it 'stepping over the bounds'?? And if that is the case, why is it that athests ONLY seem to go after christianity.. Why not islam, or hindu?

No matter how I edit Dave Silverman's statement in my head, the sting of insult is still there. He could have maybe been less insulting, but the fact of the matter is, he makes a very good point. Either God is an sociopath with a sick sense of humor, or he doesn't exist and cross beams are a product of good constrution habits and not divine influence, either way the WTC Cross is inappropriate.
Agred. Wrong way to say it, but right thing to say.. IF god did exist why does he allow things like this t happen?