View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #16
Xodvbooj

What I'm more shocked is that between two cats and a dog, all of which have very strong prey instincts they didn't hear this thing trundle through the living room to get to the bathroom.

Minx my oldest cats is only 6lbs, she's very small, and older. Some medical complications like Hyper Thyroidism keep her underweight.

Simon is my youngest cat, and he's the most able. He's probably between 5-8yrs old and exceedingly fit. Also a rather large cat at 18lbs or so, and very little of it fat. He stands almost 16" at the shoulders, which for a domestic cat is pretty darn big. He has his claws, and is very curious and aggressive so if he saw the opossum he'd go after it for some lunch. But a opossum has a mean bite so it would be a even, but destructive matchup.

Nikki, is my dog, she's a Beagle/German Shep mix and will hunt after any squirrel she can find. She's about 40lbs, and if a opossum came rolling through and she saw it, well she'd kill it.

So after the initial shock of the moment wore off, I was still worried for my animals, I wouldn't want any of them to tangle with the animal and get injured. Which is why I decided I had to get it out of the apartment.