View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #14
flanna.kersting

I read the introduction, it seems that the author is expounding on the definition of "faqeeri" - what is faqeeri and what does it mean to be a faqeer? He says that there are many misconceptions with this term faqeer and faqeeri, some people have gone into haraam because of the misconceptions and the false understanding. So he is setting out to give the correct understanding of this word. So this is his first hidayath, worth being written in gold:

Anyone can translate? Maripat the walking talking Urdu to English dictionary??

Brother taalib_e_i'lm has done the needfull.
So I'll add my words in deference to your instruction shaikh.
Elders use the word faqeer for themselves.
And some people have driven the concept into ground. So Hazrat Thanwi (RA) is clarifying the concept.
Literal meaning is of course beggar hood but actual meaning is detachment from this world (zuhd) which is further refined by Shaikh to signify adorning one's internal and external character.
Zahir is external. This not only includes physical appearance but also the appearance of actions-in deed this latter thing is the main meaning of Zahir. This is the manifestation of character.
Batin is internal. This is about the soul and the psyche. There are many atheists who have excellent external character. (This sinner painfully knows few of them.)

Does it help Shaikh?
And just to add a relevant info this sinner is in reality Urdu illiterate.
Wassalam