LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
imictiorume

Default Black Americans escaping discrimination before Civil Rights movement???
What ways did blacks use to escape discrimination and be accepted by the white public?

I know some (who were probably majority white) tried to pass for white. However when whites found out about their black blood, they were attacked.

However, when a black man was a musician, apparently a good deal of them could go around and slap their black face on the albums and people would still buy it. Was there a reason why blacks could manage to "escape" discrimination by being a musician? When blacks tried to be politicians, movie stars, etc., always were they discriminated.

Thanks

Old 08-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
chipkluchi

They pretty much segregated themselves from everyone else. I dont think they could escape discrimination because they were labeled by their race by the government.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
NeroASERCH

They pretty much segregated themselves from everyone else. I dont think they could escape discrimination because they were labeled by their race by the government.
Sure, they segregated themselves and created 'separate but equal' because they controlled the Supreme Court and whites really wanted to integrate with them.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Ad0i89Od

I have relatives who would "pass" when traveling down south. My family who could not pass tells stories of having to switch train cars in Washington, DC to the "colored" car.

No, we didn't choose to segregate. It was the law.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
proslaviy

I have relatives who would "pass" when traveling down south. My family who could not pass tells stories of having to switch train cars in Washington, DC to the "colored" car.

No, we didn't choose to segregate. It was the law.
You must excuse the ignorance of some of these posters in here, especially fellow America ones who make such ignorant posts saying blacks segregated themselves.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
Ecurrexchangess

Sure, they segregated themselves and created 'separate but equal' because they controlled the Supreme Court and whites really wanted to integrate with them.
I made that post about 10 months ago, why are you going through my old posts? Like I said, you're obsessed.

And what I meant my segregated themselves is that they separate built black communities.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
Biassasecumma

I made that post about 10 months ago, why are you going through my old posts? Like I said, you're obsessed.

And what I meant my segregated themselves is that they separate built black communities.
Duh, no shit Cheryl Locke, they had no choice but to build their own because of segregation, can you properly make a post without confusing context? You made it look like blacks were the ones who were segregationsts.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
mymnarorump

Duh, no shit Cheryl Locke, they had no choice but to build their own because of segregation, can you properly make a post without confusing context? You made it look like blacks were the ones who were segregationsts.
The question of the thread was "What ways did blacks use to escape discrimination and be accepted by the white public?"

So I think it'd be pretty obvious to anyone with a 5th grade education that I was explaining a way blacks would try to escape discrimination.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
Mr Andrews

Yes, we did build separate communities -- sometimes by choice -- and sometimes because others wouldn't allow us to live with them. The building where I live now in NYC had a restrictive policy code that did not allow blacks to move in back in the 1930s.

In some ways, being separate made us a stronger community. In other ways, it was unnecessarily punitive.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
Avaindimik

The question of the thread was "What ways did blacks use to escape discrimination and be accepted by the white public?"

So I think it'd be pretty obvious to anyone with a 5th grade education that I was explaining a way blacks would try to escape discrimination.
From your context blacks were the segregationists.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
Styparty

From your context blacks were the segregationists.
well, that's not what I meant. I meant that they had built their own communities so that they could live without fear of persecution. And there were a lot of black-exclusive neighborhoods during the civil rights era because of that.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #12
pouslytut

well, that's not what I meant. I meant that they had built their own communities so that they could live without fear of persecution. And there were a lot of black-exclusive neighborhoods during the civil rights era because of that.
Thanks for clarifying yourself, you shouldn't need me to help you with that.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #13
foodselfdourileka

Are you trying to imply that Aframs enforced, instead of maneuvered around, segregation laws?

Why do you hate black people so much? Did some black guy take your virginity or rape a family member or something?

You seem like the same type that would be down to suck black cock too...If so, I guess you can say what you want, just keep sucking black cock

Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #14
tgs

Are you trying to imply that Aframs enforced, instead of maneuvered around, segregation laws?
I already explained what I meant. It's not my fault if you're too lazy or unable to read.

Why do you hate black people so much? Did some black guy take your virginity or rape a family member or something?

You seem like the same type that would be down to suck black cock too...If so, I guess you can say what you want, just keep sucking black cock The above statements show you're a sick, nasty person.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #15
Scukonaher

The above statements show you're a sick, nasty person.
Thanks, I don't know how you look though, so IDK if I'd put my d!ck in your mouth

Old 05-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
ThekvandoVideo

Thanks, I don't know how you look though, so IDK if I'd put my d!ck in your mouth
Typical negro behavior, bullying white girls. Why don't you stick it into the mouth of one of your AIDS-infested countrywomen instead?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
leyliana

What's with the chimpout? She did not write anything offensive, ya know.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
artofeyyy

Chimps actually are the same color/hair textureas you not me, and don't let me bring out the gorilla-thals... I'd mind mines if I was you

Pilot, Wickedgirl and Padre Organtino united in whiteness

Don't even live in the US and don't understand the topic

Old 05-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #19
HornyMolly

Great Question...however, I dont think whites ever accepted blacks. they just tolerated them. I guess to answer the question the main way blacks got "accepted" by whites was through sports.

Jack Johnson paved the way for my favorite sport but again he was just tolerated not accepted:

I'm black... They never let me forget it..
I'm black alright..
I'll never let them forget it
- Jack Johnson

Old 05-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
Master_B

It was blatantly obvious she gave the wrong the impression that it was offensive, English is her first language.

Reply to Thread New Thread