LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-20-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
miel

Default Most disliked immigrants or groups in Sweden? (split) //mod
I recieved a rather funny text message from a friend a moment ago, it says;

"BANG!

For every person reading this text message an Arab will die. Send this to everyone you know and our future children will may not get their bikes stolen.
"
Who are the most disliked immigrants or groups over there in Sweden? And do they even know anything about PR when you tell them of that part of your heritage?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
Matajic

Who are the most disliked immigrants or groups over there in Sweden? And do they even know anything about PR when you tell them of that part of your heritage?
Middle Eastern people, who are all labeled as "turks" or "arabs", closely followed by Somalis.
Most people gets I'm part Latina, but I doubt even half of all knows PR is actually located in the Carribean, not in Latin America.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:51 AM   #3
pseusawbappem

Middle Eastern people, who are all labeled as "turks" or "arabs", closely followed by Somalis.
Most people gets I'm part Latina, but I doubt even half of all knows PR is actually located in the Carribean, not in Latin America.
You forgot the Balkan boys.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:55 AM   #4
DoctorWeryDolt

You forgot the Balkan boys.
Actually where I live they don't make a fuss, but maybe it's because there ain't so many of them here.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:58 AM   #5
massons

Gypsies.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #6
seooptiman

Actually where I live they don't make a fuss, but maybe it's because there ain't so many of them here.
Not many in stockholm? Or I always assumed you lived there being half PR..

Well yeah Oz I have to partly say that the balkan people or mostly muslims are messy. Albanians tend to be the worst of the worst.

Well a list;

1. Arabs/kurds etc etc
2. Somalis
3. Albanians
4. Northern africans

6. Serbs/muslims/croatians (Due to our hatred against eachother) Swedes often get involved in our little clan feuds

Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 AM   #7
Ubgvuncd

Not many in stockholm? Or I always assumed you lived there being half PR..

Well yeah Oz I have to partly say that the balkan people or mostly muslims are messy. Albanians tend to be the worst of the worst.

Well a list;

1. Arabs/kurds etc etc
2. Somalis
3. Albanians
4. Northern africans

6. Serbs/muslims/croatians (Due to our hatred against eachother) Swedes often get involved in our little clan feuds
I only live in Stockholm occasionally. And yea actually there's a fair share of Kosovo Albanians here, they can be rather cocky, but not comparable to the "turks"/"arabs" and the Somalis.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:05 AM   #8
adactthrd

I only live in Stockholm occasionally. And yea actually there's a fair share of Kosovo Albanians here, they can be rather cocky, but not comparable to the "turks"/"arabs" and the Somalis. Well albanians differ from the slavs in their mentality..

Serbs/Croats tend to be like many swedes. I mean like 50% of the serb/croat girls I know have swedish boyfriends nobody cares a shit. Hell even my sister has one and I don't care haha ;> We often just bicker with ourselves.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:09 AM   #9
LeslieMoran

As I suspected. I wonder if us non-whites/non-blacks just get assumed to be members of these groups when we travel to Europe. For example, my Dominican uncle, while stationed in Germany, was always assumed to be Turkish. Even by other Turks. I just found it strange.
Since you're half PR, if a Puerto Rican that looked like Daddy Yankee was walking around your way, he'd get assumed to be one of those groups.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:18 AM   #10
Edqpdnuu

In Malmö specifically, MENA and Balkans..

The Balkan boys (albanians, serb, bosnians..) are the worst criminals in my native town, many them are drugs, women and guns traffic dealers...

Gypsies around the country as a whole!

Somalis and MENA in Göteborg and Stockholm..

Old 05-20-2010, 03:27 AM   #11
iioijjjkkojhbb

Who are the most disliked immigrants or groups over there in Sweden?
It depends a lot on how many immigrants there are from a certain region. For example, "MENA" is the most disliked immigrant group in Sweden, but that's also because it's the largest immigrant group, whereas Somalis are second most disliked immigrant group but represent a much smaller immigrant group than "MENA" in Sweden, both demographically and geographically.

There are probably not more than 30,000 (at most) Somalis in Sweden. But "MENA" are like easily 300,000 or so, altogether, perhaps even more. So you have to put that into perspective.

Balkans aren't particularly popular either, but that's only because there was a huge wave of immigration from Yugoslavia in the 90s.

As for Gypsies, they've never been liked but they're so few nowadays that no one really cares about them any more.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:30 AM   #12
TimoPizaz

In stockholm I think this would be accurate
1.SSA (Mostly Somalis but also West Africans)
2.ME/NA. ( Mostly Iraqis, kurds but also Moroccans )
3.Balkans ( Yugoslavia, Serbia and Albanians )

Old 05-20-2010, 03:32 AM   #13
Diondra

"Arabs" and Middle easterners in general
Serbs
Somalis
Gypsies

and

Norwegians... (Just kidding)

Old 05-20-2010, 03:35 AM   #14
Sheelldaw

Arabs" and Middle easterners in general
Serbs
Somalis
Gypsies

and Thought we were in the top.. Damn! Btw found your dad; http://www.kaptillkap.se/bilder/Same%20i%20Norge.jpg

Old 05-20-2010, 03:35 AM   #15
AntonayPina

Reminds me about a joke:

-Vad får ett barn i Rinkeby till julklapp?
-Din cykel.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:43 AM   #16
CibQueersejer

Worst (not necessarily a top list) :

Gypsies, especially those from Finland and the Balkans.

Middle Easterners, particularly Kurds.

Somalians are "well-known" for being welfare seekers.

Immigrants from the Balkans (Croats and Greeks are usually exceptions.)

Neutral, more to the positive side when it comes to it:

Chileans can sometimes be viewed as "scum" and "junkies". Most seem to view them as better than other immigrants though. I actually don't think I have ever heard a "common xenophobe" saying anything bad about them. It's usually nationalists etc who dislike them.

Greeks and Finns are usually viewed as hard workers. Are quite integrated these days, and the youth among these groups fit in rather good among the Swedish majority youth. Phobia against them may occur.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:47 AM   #17
economex

It depends a lot on how many immigrants there are from a certain region. For example, "MENA" is the most disliked immigrant group in Sweden, but that's also because it's the largest immigrant group, whereas Somalis are second most disliked immigrant group but represent a much smaller immigrant group than "MENA" in Sweden, both demographically and geographically.

There are probably not more than 30,000 (at most) Somalis in Sweden. But "MENA" are like easily 300,000 or so, altogether, perhaps even more. So you have to put that into perspective.

Balkans aren't particularly popular either, but that's only because there was a huge wave of immigration from Yugoslavia in the 90s.

As for Gypsies, they've never been liked but they're so few nowadays that no one really cares about them any more.
What is it specifically that is disliked by each group?
Or is it just the fact that they are immigrants with a very different culture?
What cultural traits clash with local Swedish culture? I can probably see how seeing a woman totally covered from head to toe is a bit shocking for anyone not used to seeing this.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:56 AM   #18
Gometesstem

What is it specifically that is disliked by each group?
Or is it just the fact that they are immigrants with a very different culture?
What cultural traits clash with local Swedish culture? I can probably see how seeing a woman totally covered from head to toe is a bit shocking for anyone not used to seeing this.
Well the ones from the balkans or the ones who are disliked tend to be thuggish so thus we get the stereotype ^ Arabs, Somalis = Rapists, fanatics etc etc..

Old 05-20-2010, 04:03 AM   #19
ARKLqAZ6

The thing about gypsies is that they are disliked by everyone (even by the gypsies them self). The distaste towards gypsies crosses all nation borders and all political borders, probably even people in AFA dislikes gypsies.

Ironically one can say it brings us together...

Old 05-20-2010, 04:06 AM   #20
MexicoCity

Gypsies, especially those from Finland
.. who by the way were a "gift" from Sweden...
I can probably see how seeing a woman totally covered from head to toe is a bit shocking for anyone not used to seeing this.
Walking tents are freaky, man!

Reply to Thread New Thread