LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
omaculer

Default Thursday Night Football Schedule Expanding; NFL Network To Carry 13 Games
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced at his annual Super Bowl press conference that the NFL Network Thursday night package is expanding to 13 games and that every team would have a primetime game in 2012.

Feb 3, 2012 - Get ready for primetime, NFL fans, because it's coming. Every team in the league will receive a primetime game in the 2012 season, Commissioner Roger Goodell said at his annual Super Bowl press conference. Goodell said that the league will have 13 Thursday night games in 2012. Previously the Thursday night schedule started after the midway point of the season.

We knew the league wanted to expand their Thursday night operation so this shouldn't come as a huge surprise but it's good news for the fans who, like me, will take as much football as they can get.

The games will be on NFL Network starting in Week 2 and ending in Week 15. Along with Monday Night Football and Sunday Night Football, every team will receive a primetime game in 2012.

There won't be an NFL Network game on the Thursday the World Series is scheduled, Thanksgiving or the final weekend.

NFL Network isn't on all cable providers, notably Time Warner, and Goodell put a little pressure on them by saying there is a market for NFL Network and it will only continue to get bigger.

The entire 2012 NFL schedule is expected to be released sometime in April.

Source

Old 03-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
VtLe67WR

For me it doesn't even matter since I'm in the home market, a local station always picks it up. I say go for it.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
omaculer

I don't have NFL network on my cable provider. But for me, I prefer to watch college on Thursday nights.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
BaselBimbooooo

don't really care. they're usually shit games.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
VtLe67WR

don't really care. they're usually shit games.
Like NFC East games.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
PyncGyncliacy

NBC is getting the Thanksgiving Night game.

That will actually LESSEN demand for the NFL Network.

Fantasy Football players aren't happy with this.

Hell, I'm not happy with this. Less worry about Thursday Football, Roger. Let's get moving on Super Bowl Saturday, dammit.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
njfeedd3w

Good. More Overhyped Prime Time games I can avoid.
Since it is on a network many people have to pay extra to watch, I do not see it making much of a dent in the Nation's Friday Productivity Ratings.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
BaselBimbooooo

Like NFC East games.
is that a joke?

Old 03-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
toyboy

is that a joke?

Old 03-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #10
Longwow

Good. More Overhyped Prime Time games I can avoid.
Since it is on a network many people have to pay extra to watch, I do not see it making much of a dent in the Nation's Friday Productivity Ratings.
More and more providers are startung to caryy the NFL network and this will only help more pick it up. I think it is only a matter of time before it is in most providers stadard packages. Of course they will raise the price of the statard package though.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #11
freeringsf

Good. I like Thursday games.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
vaalmerruutel

I really like NFL football, but they can't get me to watch Seattle vs. Arizona or Tennessee vs. Jacksonville. Overall viewership will still be regional unless it is a big game. I doubt Thursday night is going to get big impactful games. The networks paying them billions won't stand for it.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
PyncGyncliacy

More and more providers are startung to caryy the NFL network and this will only help more pick it up. I think it is only a matter of time before it is in most providers stadard packages. Of course they will raise the price of the statard package though.
Well of course...They want almost as much for it as ESPN charges. With not even 1/3 of the ratings.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
njfeedd3w

It is actually in my "Digital Classic" package which is the basic Comcast Digtal package, but only the NFLN channel itself, not the Red Zone channel or any of their Highlights channels, and I still never put it on. I don't even bother to put it on my Sports Favorites list. I could actually see it going the other way as if/when they decide to put Universal Sports back in as a pay tier channel, I could see NFL going there as well to join up w/ the Tennis Channel and all the various Fox Sports Channels.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #15
Iphone

For me it doesn't even matter since I'm in the home market, a local station always picks it up. I say go for it.
Hey Lem, I don't know how that is going to be possible. I know the ABC stations tend to carry the ESPN games, but they are both tied together since they are owned by Disney.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
Keendwainge

It is actually in my "Digital Classic" package which is the basic Comcast Digtal package, but only the NFLN channel itself, not the Red Zone channel or any of their Highlights channels, and I still never put it on. I don't even bother to put it on my Sports Favorites list. I could actually see it going the other way as if/when they decide to put Universal Sports back in as a pay tier channel, I could see NFL going there as well to join up w/ the Tennis Channel and all the various Fox Sports Channels.
Are you sure you still have the NFLN? I'm not sure what package I have, as it's provided through my apartment complex, but we no longer received NFLN this year after having it previously.

Reply to Thread New Thread