LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-28-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
Styparty

Default Peyton and Irsay
I think, this whole situation is nothing but a ploy. Think about it. shortly after the Giants make it to the Superbowl, Irsay's buddy Rob Lowe says his source told him Peyton was retiring. Peyton comes out, says he's sad to see good people lose their job and feels like he's walking on egg shells. Irsay blasts Peyton in a press conference saying he shouldn't air dirty laundry etc.

While all this is going on, you know what's not being talked about....the Superbowl, especially here in Indy. Who benefits from less pressure? The Pats, dont think so. It's the Giants and Peyton's brother who IMO have more pressure. Can Eli win in Peytons house, can he beat Peytons rival again, how will it feel to have more rings than your brother etc.

What's the one thing both Peyton and crazy Jim Irsay have in common? They dont want the Pats to win.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
ssyyyrruho

That's a serious conspiracy theory there, but I see a QB who is going to cost 28M against the cap, and is coming off of 3 neck surgeries. They don't even know yet if he's going to pass a physical, and they own the #1 pick. This doesn't seem like a ploy to me at all, and I think its going to end badly. Unfortunately, we've seen stuff like this before with Favre, Joe Montana, and plenty of other QBs. I think most would agree that if Peyton can get healthy, he has more left in the tank than those guys might've had, but if you ask me, Peyton will never play football again. I just have a tough time seeing a QB with neck issues being able to survive a brutal sport, and his career will come to a premature end like Sterling Sharpe's did so many years ago.

Reply to Thread New Thread