LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
9uWzBx4l

Default NFL might suspend players for hits
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5699517

The NFL could soon start suspending players for dangerous helmet-to-helmet hits, vice president of football operations Ray Anderson told The Associated Press on Monday.

A day after several scary collisions in Sunday's games, Anderson acknowledged the league might need to do more than fining players to prevent such hits.
"There's strong testimonial for looking readily at evaluating discipline, especially in the areas of egregious and elevated dangerous hits," he said in a phone interview. "Going forward there are certain hits that occurred that will be more susceptible to suspension. There are some that could bring suspensions for what are flagrant and egregious situations."

Old 10-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
gghrdfffhfyj

Flags need to be thrown, players have to be ejected immediately, then the fines and suspensions can come.

We all know football is a brutally viscous sport to begin with and should have little problem with many parts of such a rough sport. However, when guys are knowingly leading with their helmets a point needs to be driven home, quickly!!! There's no reason for that sort of shit! I don't know how much it's been happening to other teams, but I will say I've seen Aaron Rodgers take his fair share of such hits without even the glint of yellow coming from the pockets of officials. Why aren't those things being nipped in the bud at the source; on the field? We need to start holding officials responsible for not holding the players responsible on the field. That will help, too. I know a lot of these officials are technically part-time employees. If the NFL starts hitting them in their pocketbooks, they'll feel it a lot harder than the players.

I think that's another way to help remedy the situation.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
intisgunkas

Harrison is such a drama queen. Cripes.

In an appearance on Fox Sports Radio, Harrison said he planned to talk to Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and was contemplating whether he could continue to play in the NFL.

"I'm going to sit down and have a serious conversation with my coach tomorrow and see if I can actually play by NFL rules and still be effective," Harrison said. "If not, I may have to give up playing football."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706132

Old 10-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
prpaims

Harrison is such a drama queen. Cripes.

In an appearance on Fox Sports Radio, Harrison said he planned to talk to Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and was contemplating whether he could continue to play in the NFL.

"I'm going to sit down and have a serious conversation with my coach tomorrow and see if I can actually play by NFL rules and still be effective," Harrison said. "If not, I may have to give up playing football."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706132
That's rich coming from you.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
crazuMovies

That's rich coming from you.

Duly noted, jabroni.

Reply to Thread New Thread