LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-19-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
Trebbinsa

Default Inez Sainz
By now you have all heard about the Inez Sainz scandal. You know which one. The one where the self-proclaimed "Hottest Reporter in Mexico" went to the Jets practice, and had footballs thrown close to her, and then had catcalls made to her. And now she has went between "They made me uncomfortable" to "It didn't bother me".

So all of this raises a few points that I want to get opinions on. The question is not whether women should be able to cover football, or be a sideline reporter. The question is whether a woman should be able to go into the mens locker room. And should men be able to go into a womans locker room?

See poll above. Vote on poll above. Discuss.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:08 AM   #2
MipRippoomamn

The way she dresses, she should expect catcalls.

Legitimate reporters should just wait for the players to dress before they interview them.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:09 AM   #3
bactrimtab

Id fuck her.

Wait, that wasnt the question was it?

Old 09-19-2010, 03:21 AM   #4
SaraKonradtt

The way she dresses, she should expect catcalls.

Legitimate reporters should just wait for the players to dress before they interview them.
Exactly. Whether you're a sexy female reporter or not, there should be a certain amount of appropriateness with how they dress, and in a men's lockerroom, EVERYONE should have to interview the players in uniform or street clothes (whatever is predetermined), but not while they're getting in and out of the shower. As for men in a women's lockerroom, I'd feel the same way. Predetermine the rules, and have them be the same for everyone. I realize as far as TV is concerned, they might not want to wait to interview everyone after their showers, but then you don't have a "Shiancoe moment" either.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:24 AM   #5
MichaelfromSpace

If they are going to do locker room interviews, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Though its 2010, and leagues have formal press conference rules/etiquette. I'm not sure locker room interviews are necessary anymore.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:27 AM   #6
Avoireeideree

Here is the thing....I vote no for either because allowing one sex into the others locker room only ends with these occasional bouts of silliness. Granted, it would likely be for different reasons in each case.

But really, why the double standard? If a woman can walk into a mans locker room in the most professional manner why not the other way.

Since we know would never fly why give in to worries of being called sexist and do what makes sense. No women on in the locker room.

I am looking at you Bud Selig to make the precedent. Give Woody Johnson a call for pointers

Old 09-19-2010, 03:31 AM   #7
Gskdmidd

i'd hit it

now what's the question?

Old 09-19-2010, 04:02 AM   #8
ticskebasse

I don't really think reporters need to be in the locker room at all.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:20 AM   #9
dXI9XFOA

If this was a female reporter who has worked her way up through the trenches from one of the major sports outlets (national or local), a) the reporter would never parade around so dressed, and b) the players/coaches would KNOW exactly who she is and treat her with the same respect as any male reporter.

This is not condoning the Jets' actions, either. If theyre hooting and cat calling at her, thats just being stupid . . . however, this is a woman who loves attention. And dresses to get it.

That she was so 'uncomfortable' with the attention that was shown her is a joke, a bad one, at best. At its worst its hypocrisy run amok.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:30 AM   #10
Oriesssedleli419

I don't think women should be allowed in the mens locker room. Period. Just like men should not be able to go into a womens locker room. Right now there is a double standard. Women can go into a mens locker room, otherwise it is sexism and they are "not able to do their job". Well, what about the privacy of the athlete? I guess that means nothing becuase they make millions of dollars.

As for Inez Sainz, she is a joke. As rotary said, she invites this kind of attention with how she dresses, and by calling herself things like "Mexico's hottest reporter." But when she gets treated like how she acts, she crys harassement. Bullshit. Don't be suprised when people treat you based on the way you act. In other words, don't act like a ho if you do not want to be treated like a ho.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:59 AM   #11
cwgwowcom

Here is the thing....I vote no for either because allowing one sex into the others locker room only ends with these occasional bouts of silliness. Granted, it would likely be for different reasons in each case.

But really, why the double standard? If a woman can walk into a mans locker room in the most professional manner why not the other way.

Since we know would never fly why give in to worries of being called sexist and do what makes sense. No women on in the locker room.

I am looking at you Bud Selig to make the precedent. Give Woody Johnson a call for pointers
cause we're men. weve never had to fight for equality when it comes to women. we go where we want, when we want. it's our mentality. physically dominating therefore seen as more of a threat to a bunch of naked ladies. like it or not, that's life.

btw- she's hott and i would definately have been stroking it in front of her asking if she wanted to measure my muscles.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:59 AM   #12
rorsvierwelia

I don't think women should be allowed in the mens locker room. Period. Just like men should not be able to go into a womens locker room. Right now there is a double standard. Women can go into a mens locker room, otherwise it is sexism and they are "not able to do their job". Well, what about the privacy of the athlete? I guess that means nothing becuase they make millions of dollars.

As for Inez Sainz, she is a joke. As rotary said, she invites this kind of attention with how she dresses, and by calling herself things like "Mexico's hottest reporter." But when she gets treated like how she acts, she crys harassement. Bullshit. Don't be suprised when people treat you based on the way you act. In other words, don't act like a ho if you do not want to be treated like a ho.
Not familiar with the rules and regs of when reporters are allowed in the locker room but there has to be SOME lag time between end of game and when the reporters are allowed in.

And if there are athletes uncomfortable with women in the locker room there has to be a place, the trainers' room, for example, where all reporters are verboten.

Having said that, it is ONLY because of the unprofessional manner in which the 'reporter' conducted herself, initially (the Jets bear blame, too), that this issue has become 'front burner' fodder once again.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:05 AM   #13
TeemFilla

i also dont blame the jets 1 bit. gotta understand your surroundings. about 60 big jacked up athletes (nh) plus another 30 or so men in a small enclosed space and she looks like a trick. it's a numbers game. someone was gonna say something to her.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #14
spklnraz

i also dont blame the jets 1 bit. gotta understand your surroundings. about 60 big jacked up athletes (nh) plus another 30 or so men in a small enclosed space and she looks like a trick. it's a numbers game. someone was gonna say something to her.
Plus the fucking jets saw a rare chance to score

Old 09-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #15
Stengapsept

Plus the fucking jets saw a rare chance to score
lol. well played.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #16
OwdBKKHO

Its not a matter of blame. Its a matter of professionalism. Whether she was tricked out to look like a Heidi Fleiss employee or not isnt the issue.

The players represent their team and 'The Shield' in a broader sense. ANYTHING more than saying nothing and doing nothing was going to be deemed unacceptable behavior.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #17
heennaRaf

Not familiar with the rules and regs of when reporters are allowed in the locker room but there has to be SOME lag time between end of game and when the reporters are allowed in.

And if there are athletes uncomfortable with women in the locker room there has to be a place, the trainers' room, for example, where all reporters are verboten.

Having said that, it is ONLY because of the unprofessional manner in which the 'reporter' conducted herself, initially (the Jets bear blame, too), that this issue has become 'front burner' fodder once again.
I really don't see the need for any reporters to be in the locker room. Give the athletes a bit of privacy, and reporters can get to them after the game at the press conferences.

if you have to allow reporters in the locker room, same sex only. Sometimes common sense has to prevail over gender equalization.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:23 AM   #18
Vokbeelllicky

I really don't see the need for any reporters to be in the locker room. Give the athletes a bit of privacy, and reporters can get to them after the game at the press conferences.

if you have to allow reporters in the locker room, same sex only. Sometimes common sense has to prevail over gender equalization.
What if the person is a flaming homosexual? Do you let him in the lockerroom?

Old 09-19-2010, 05:33 AM   #19
Old-old-Ivy

The USA, for all its preoccupation with all things sex, the general population, is strangely quaint in its views towards public nudity, etc.

In Europe, this isnt even back page news probably. Hell, theres topless women all over Britain's largest publications (see Keeley Hazell).

Yet, in the USA, women in the locker room are seen as taboo by probably a fair portion of the population.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:33 AM   #20
Qncvqpgfg

This is a couple of pics I found on her doing a quick search.

The second and third ones are examples of what she'd wear in a "professional" environment. If she didn't expect some whistling, hooting, and hollering, she shouldn't have been revealing so much.

Reply to Thread New Thread