LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-26-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
jincomplet

"Literary fiction," whatever the heck that means, *g* fantasy, sci-fi, and historical fiction.

My favorite authors are:

Fiction: Margaret Atwood, Ellen Gilchrist, Isabel Allende, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Rick Moody, Lorrie Moore

Fantasy/Sci-fi: Anne McCaffrey (esp. her Pern series, though I like the Rowan series too), Tolkien, George R.R. Martin, (A Song of Ice and Fire, eeeeek!) Meredith Ann Pierce, David Eddings, David Brin, Susan Cooper, Octavia Butler, Dan Simmons, Sean Stewart, Isaac Asimov

Historical fiction: Hella Haasse, Judith Tarr, Colleen McCullough, Gillian Bradshaw, Diana Gabaldon (but you can put her in historical romance if you must *g*)

I collect young adult sci-fi/fantasy series I read as a kid at the library... Geraldine Harris' The Seven Citadels series and Pamela Dean's The Secret Country trilogy being two of my recent finds.

Right now I am reading House of Leaves, I forget who wrote it.... trippy I don't quite have the attention span to finish it right now.

Old 11-27-2005, 07:00 AM   #2
Patabeamn

Originally posted by dancingdoll86
pamela*...

Have you ever read Ann Rule? She's the author that writes about true life crimes...and she is awesome! I have every book she's written.....and if anyone in my life ever comes up murdered, I will most likely be the first target!!!
Never heard of that her, Gretchen .... but I will definitely check that out. I'll go by the library and see what I find.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:00 AM   #3
vernotixas

Science fiction, fantasy and horror, with an occasional historical novel thrown in, and the odd political biography.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:00 AM   #4
EspnaConCam

I have that book, Michael!! I read it about 5 years ago or so....loved it! It was incredible to see how he was able to get around the police at the time, and how it came out that he was, in fact, the killer. VERY good book!!!

Old 02-16-2006, 07:00 AM   #5
Prererularl

Originally posted by Roemello
Greek myth... I love Greek mythology, I studied in school and just fell in love with it.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:00 AM   #6
erepsysoulptnw

I like those books with the things that pop-up at you when you turn the pages(now what are those called....oh well)I've also been reading these really engrossing novels about this guy named Dick and his ol' lady Jane,they're always getting into these wacky adventures with there dog Spot!A true "Must Read".

Old 02-22-2006, 07:00 AM   #7
Sierabiera

Thank you again!!!

I love Ann Rule!!! Her books are always so compelling. My favorites being The Stranger Beside Me and Small Sacrifices. She really gets deep into the minds of criminals. Her non-fiction books read better than fiction. I haven't read her last book yet; I'll think I'll buy a copy on Amazon...

Who's That Girl? The Ultimate Madonna Trivia Book

Old 03-03-2006, 07:00 AM   #8
BoBoMasterDesign

I like horror stories and romantic books. I also enjoy reading autobiographies. It is interesting to see the world through someone elses eyes sometimes.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:00 AM   #9
ZanazaKar

Default What's your favorite type of story?
What's everyone's favorite genre for books? I prefer Horror and mystery.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:00 AM   #10
liontutuxx

I love James Patterson, Stephen King, Michael Dante Craig, Ann River Siddons, and Ayanla VanZant.

I am also into learning the method of "healing with hands" so I have "The Reconnection". I can't remember the author, but it's an amazing book!!

Old 04-06-2006, 07:00 AM   #11
letmelogin

For those that like true crime books, I would highly suggest Joseph Wambaugh's "The Blooding". This is one of the best non-fiction books that I've ever read. It tells the incredible true story of English serial killer Colin Pitchfork (perfect last name for a murderous sociopath) and how he almost got away with the rape, torture and murder of two teenaged girls, until a cop devoted to capturing the maniac and the first use of DNA in a murder trial finally puts him behind bars. I give it five stars!

Who's That Girl? The Ultimate Madonna Trivia Book

Old 04-20-2006, 07:00 AM   #12
NvrNoNowX

The only horror I read is Stephen King.

I really like all kinds of books. If the summary sounds interesting, I'll read it.

I like historical romances too.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:00 AM   #13
Adfcvkdg

Originally posted by angeleyes25
most of Sylvia Brown's booksI love to watch her on TV! She is good and gives me goosbumps!

I like either romance or mystery books.

I like Frank Yerby books. Not all but some were really good. I always have to buy Brenda Joyce and Johanna Lindsey books.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:00 AM   #14
Catieliecutty

Originally posted by TopCat

I love to watch her on TV! She is good and gives me goosbumps!

I like either romance or mystery books.

I like Frank Yerby books. Not all but some were really good. I always have to buy Brenda Joyce and Johanna Lindsey books.
I watch her to whenever I know that she's going to be on a program.The first time I ever heard of her was when she was on Montel.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:00 AM   #15
dHXaE2h9

Originally posted by pamela*

Same here.. I used to read a lot of Stephen King and Dean Koontz.. now I am more into crime novel/mystery .. serial killer stuff.. but I still read drama from time to time... nothing I hate more than a romance novel though. They're annoying!!

Speaking of.. who all is watching King's movie on abc tonight.. I almost forgot about it.. and was reading a magazine and it just came to me. Rose Red starts on abc tonight 9/8c
FEAR ROBERT MC CAMMON FOOL.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:00 AM   #16
fount_pirat

I like those books with the things that pop-up at you when you turn thepages(now what are those called....oh well)I've also been reading these really engrossing novels about this guy named Dick and his ol' lady Jane,they're always getting into these wacky adventures with there dog Spot!A true "Must Read".

Pop up books? Oh dude, those things rock out!!! I loved those when I was lil and I still do!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #17
sadgpokx

Anne Rice
Stephen King
Dean R. Koontz

and anything interesting I see advertised on a talk show or radio station. I guess you can say Horror and Suspense

Old 06-10-2006, 07:00 AM   #18
mymnarorump

pamela*...

Have you ever read Ann Rule? She's the author that writes about true life crimes...and she is awesome! I have every book she's written.....and if anyone in my life ever comes up murdered, I will most likely be the first target!!!

Michael...YOU ARE WORTHY YOU ARE WORTHY!! You are the bestest!!!!

Old 07-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #19
Flankrene

Anything.

Old 07-05-2006, 07:00 AM   #20
fedordzen

Sci Fi and James Bond (action adventure I guess).

Reply to Thread New Thread