LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-09-2008, 02:40 AM   #1
inhitoemits

Default salary for thai lady insurance sales worker.:khon kaen
hi,
i am new to this great site. could i please ask for opinions on what is the average salary per month for a lady in mid 30.s working as in insurance sales in khon kaen.if the salary does not contain commisions an estimate of commision would be appreciated.
thanking you
regards
rafael abadia.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
RagonaCon

There's normally no basic salary for insurance sales person. Its always based on commissions. Unless she's working as a personal assitance to the agent and doing some part-time sales on her own, otherwise, its normally commission based.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
inhitoemits

thanks.what would be an educated guess of commision which would be earnt in 1 month.?

Old 06-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
RagonaCon

thanks.what would be an educated guess of commision which would be earnt in 1 month.?
This is hard to say. If based on commissions, it depends on the number of policies you sell, and the "size" of the policy you sell. Some can be selling 30 policies a month but making only 20,000 baht but some can be selling just 1 with premium size so huge, it alone will gives 20,000 baht in commission.
There're also different kind of commission pay outs for insurance sales. There're the regular premium payout for life insurance which gives you commissions for the next 2 or 3 years and some term insurance which only entitles you commission everytime the client renews the contract.
As far as I can see, Thailand's insurance industry is still not mature and most Thai does not believe in it. Which is good and bad because that means there're still huge potential in the market but also means the general crowd are more difficult to convince. Plus the bad publicity some agents give by running away with the clients' money, I'll say most people have bad impressions of insurance in Thailand.
Just like in the business of multi-level marketing, most people will not make it or last long in this industry. However those in the top can be making millions.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
NutChusty

You get exactly the same pay as your male counterparts given the same qualifications, years of unbroken full employment and skill level. So I will be expecting equal social responsibilities.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
inhitoemits

thanks for your reply but that was not my question.i want to know how many baht in 1 month.i specifically mentioned a lady as my question relates to a lady but i am not trying to say that a lady should earn higher or lower.so again i ask on salary or comission how much on average would a worker,male,female or transgender earn ???

Old 06-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
RagonaCon

thanks for your reply but that was not my question.i want to know how many baht in 1 month.i specifically mentioned a lady as my question relates to a lady but i am not trying to say that a lady should earn higher or lower.so again i ask on salary or comission how much on average would a worker,male,female or transgender earn ???
If she is doing direct sales, her salary should be 100% commission based. However there're some insurance companies which pay a mininum basic (probably 4,000baht or lower?) for telemarketeers excluding commission for every policy sold.

Each insurance company has its own commission structure, therefore, its difficult to tell you exactly how much one will make. An estimation can be between 0 baht - 1 million baht a month depending on how good this person is. I will suppose average performer should be making at least 30,000baht in Thailand or else its really not worth the effort. I doubt anyone except your said lady friend can give you an exact amount.

Gender is irrelevant although some might argue its easier for an attractive female to be in this line of business. Just like property agent.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #8
themsrsdude

What kind of sales agent are she anyway?

Are she calling people unsolicited, are she visiting people?

or are she working for Thailand Bupta and is have her phone number listed there "if u are interested in Bupta Platinum for expats pls call khun Indelible14u lady friend?

Reply to Thread New Thread