LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
Intockatt

Default The Art of Learning by Josh Waizkin
I'm very new to both chess and martial arts. I think both at their core are never ending forms of self expression and self improvement. The same could be said for music, painting, or any other art or discipline. I think there may be some things worth reading in the book for martial artists. I'll let you know.

Josh Waizkin

Trailer

Interview

Interview

Old 10-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
Stainditnew

i'll click those links when i get a chance... in the meantime, if nobody remembers the name 'josh waizkin' (is that spelled right?), he was the main character/focus of the movie "searching for bobby fisher"...

very interesting guy.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
mXr8icOB

There was a few things he said that sounded a little egotistical but I don't know anyone else that's a world famous chess and tai chi champion. I'm looking forward to reading the book.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
PharmACT

There was a few things he said that sounded a little egotistical but I don't know anyone else that's a world famous chess and tai chi champion. I'm looking forward to reading the book.
My friend is reading it, and said its a realy good. Its also a little bit of a reminder to things that we allready know, from what he was telling me, but thats still good as well.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
Brareevor

Haven't read his book, but I'd gotten my chess-skills up a few notches with his teaching contribution to the Chessmaster 10th Edition game.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:11 AM   #6
Blolover11

Haven't read his book, but I'd gotten my chess-skills up a few notches with his teaching contribution to the Chessmaster 10th Edition game.
I just preordered Chessmaster 11. The game is is titled the Art of Learning.

http://chessmaster.us.ubi.com/xi/index.php

Old 10-30-2007, 04:28 AM   #7
popillio

I just preordered Chessmaster 11. The game is is titled the Art of Learning.

http://chessmaster.us.ubi.com/xi/index.php
Really? I had no idea a new game is on its way. I thought "Art of learning" was a new book or something.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:49 AM   #8
bDvYaQfM

Really? I had no idea a new game is on its way. I thought "Art of learning" was a new book or something.
It's a book. But the new Chessmaster has some art of learning stuff in it. Josh Waizskin has been with chessmaster for a while now. His tutorials in the previous chessmasters have been very helpful.

Reply to Thread New Thread