LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-23-2008, 05:52 AM   #1
gluckmeea

Default Champions League final last night
Ok, not very relevant to Kendo, but I watched the match last night and I think it was the best Championship final I have seen in years, it was not defensive tiptoeing, it was a proper football game and they kept it up for a whole 120 minutes, both sides.

I hate penalties, they are always unfair, I can only imagine the pressure John Terry was under on that penalty, and to slip was such bad luck. And as for Ronaldo's massive c*ck up.....

I am not a fan of either team, but I genuinely felt bad for Chelsea because they put so much into it. I would have rather seen either team win by a proper goal instead of a penalty.

Thoughts?

Old 05-23-2008, 05:56 AM   #2
Wckcvhsg

I caught the shootout at the end and thought United was gonna tank it..... can't believe john terry botched the winning kick, but... hella lot a rain...

and THEN... the baby started crying and my wifed changed the channel since it was "my turn" and so, I don't even have it on tivo.
have to find a youtube vid or something...

FWIW, i'm not a fan of either team either..

Old 05-23-2008, 06:13 AM   #3
DarrenBent

I caught the shootout at the end and thought United was gonna tank it..... can't believe john terry botched the winning kick, but... hella lot a rain...

and THEN... the baby started crying and my wifed changed the channel since it was "my turn" and so, I don't even have it on tivo.
have to find a youtube vid or something...

FWIW, i'm not a fan of either team either..
Shame, you missed a good match. But hey, we all know what that is like

Old 05-23-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
Vomephems

Flicked over after the Apprentice had finished; got the 2nd half of E.T. and the penalty shoot out.

Don't really care much for fuzebawl; used to when i were a lad. Was quite a fan of NUFC (Phillippe Albert: what a legend! )

[I still follow the Mighty Dons though, can't bear to watch the dross like but i try to keep up-to-date]

Old 05-23-2008, 06:26 AM   #5
BV6lwvXf

I heard John Terry fell flat on his arse, that made me laugh. The pub was filled with drunk people after kendo and they were taking the piss.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:57 AM   #6
whimpykid

[I still follow the Mighty Dons though, can't bear to watch the dross like but i try to keep up-to-date]
What, as in the MK Dons, holders of the coveted Johnstone's Paint Trophy?

Old 05-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
Candykiss

THE Dons.

Tis the big end of season game Vs the evil Huns tonight.
-Did i mention that i don't really like football? Ever since Champo changed its form my football knowledge has decreased heaps. I used to know heaps about le foot back in 96,97,98 when SWOS on the Amiga and Championship manager fed my brain with tidbits

Old 05-23-2008, 08:52 AM   #8
romalama

I saw the game, I'm a long time fan of ManU but i got seduced by Mourinho's Chelsea so i was kind of in between as far as who to root for, anyway i don't agree that it was a good game, the Chelsea/Liverpool games were by far more interesting to watch IMO.
The first half was pretty much Man U's, in the second half the Blues dominated due to good strategical changes, but with so many missed opportunities, you could tell that the gods of football wouldn't smile upon Chelsea in the end, i was upset to see Malouda play the whole game plus the quality of refereeing sucked. But that is football, out-playing a team doesn't always translate to victory.

Back to lurkdom

Old 05-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #9
NowFloabDow

As a true Everton fan I was just happy that Liverpool didnt win.

But that being said I dont really think it was a fair result. Penalties are not
the best way to decide such a close contest. Both teams were close to the
2nd goal at times. It is a shame they dont just play it out until one side
wins without the penalties.

I was glad that Ronaldo's shot was saved since he is a diving crybaby.
I was glad Terry fell on his butt since he is a dirty playing crybaby.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
MattJargin

I just cant believe athletic bilbao didnt make it again.........

Enough said.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #11
grosqueneen

I'm a huge Manchester United fan and I didn't want the game to end in penalty shootout! No team wants to win it that way...not to mention the losing team! In my opinion it was a good but tough game!! Terry was under a lot of pressure, but so was Ronaldo! The guy had the whole clubs pressure on his shoulders to score!!

In the end Im glad that United won the double this year!

Next year the TREBLE!!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #12
Machater

Get in, way to go Rangers! Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory getting good and stuffed by the mighty Dons! Hehehee, twas bloody noisy here last night!

Old 05-24-2008, 03:22 AM   #13
letmelogin

Get in, way to go Rangers! Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory getting good and stuffed by the mighty Dons! Hehehee, twas bloody noisy here last night!
Karma for the 'battle of Piccadilly', perhaps. What I found funny last week was that the amount of fans in Manchester ranged from 100,000-250,000 [according to the papers] but they still brought 250,000 tonnes of rubbish. Thats a minimum of each fan generating 1 tonne in 7 hours. My family doesn't even generate 1 wheelie bin in two weeks! Litter bugs.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:26 AM   #14
VawSwaspamups

My view on the game is based entirely on pettiness.

I didn't want ManU to win not because I don't think they are a good team, cos they are; it is just that I cannot abide Alex Ferguson.

What a complete and utter (text deleted due to unprecedented amounts of profanity and libelous content).

then there is that other kn*bhead Nani. I have never seen that tosser play one game without getting his cheat rating into double figures. Ferdinand is an arrogant talentless moron. Rooney is a jug eared granny shagger. The rest seem okay.

Whereas Chelsea have a decent bloke as a manager but are lumbered with the petulant Drogba, the hopeless Malouda and John the Donkey Terry ( and it has nothing to do with his third stump).

So on balance whilst loathing both teams, I would have preferred Chelsea.

Also, whilst not a Liverpool fan, I do not wish Man U to overtake them in the glory stakes. Old Liverpool teams are filled with superb characters like Emlyn 'Crazy Horse' Hughes, Phil 'nodding dog' Neal, Kenny 'fat arse' Dalglish and David 'supersub' Fairclough.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:29 AM   #15
Flalafuse

Well, one thing is for certain, the Manchester United fans are going to go on about it for a while yet

Old 05-24-2008, 07:54 AM   #16
new-nickname-zanovo

Well, one thing is for certain, the Manchester United fans are going to go on about it for a while yet
My mother for one. Oh god it will be awful.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #17
Eunatis

My mother for one. Oh god it will be awful.
Your mother?. Oh man, I feel for you

no, seriously

Old 05-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #18
usaneisfiecup

Its hard to be to proud of a win they barely got.
I mean Chelsea hit the post twice and for all intents and purposes
had the shootout won until Terry fell on his butt.

The margin between the teams was razor thin, hardly worth chest thumping over.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:20 AM   #19
CealialactBek

Do you really think that will stop the ManU zealots.

They are recognised as the worst fans in the country. Not for being violent or idle but simply becuase they moan as much as Ferguson and are so quiet on the terraces, which is really odd given how well their team usually play.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #20
2swasseneons

No it wont stop the zealots but at least it will give you a shelter within your mind to retreat
to when they wont shut up.

And honestly, being an Everton fan I find no other fan as repugnant then a Liverpool fan.

Reply to Thread New Thread