LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #1
varrozans

Default Research: Kendo in Olympics?
Hey guys,

I'm currently writing a paper on "Kendo and the Olympics" and I really need your thoughts and opinions.

Some main questions that I have are,
- (What do you think) Is Kendo a martial art or a sport? Why?
- What you think about Kendo as being a part of the Games in the Olympics?
- Would the cultures, traditions and disciplines of Kendo change if it becomes more sport?

If there are anything else to add, please feel free to comment.

I personally think that Kendo is a martial art and not a sport. If it was to be part of the Olympics, I think we would loose that traditional sense in Kendo and more focus will be on fight style competition with less dicipline. In other words, Kendo will become distorted to fit sport-like competitions.

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
Fluivelip

Hello wildakira,
Welcome to the forum

What an interesting topic. I believe this topic was thoroughly discussed a couple of years prior. There is a bounty of information, and opinions on the topic here. I would highly recommend using the "Search" feature to locate those topics. Try keywords such as "Olympics."

Much luck.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
Katrinsitter

Hello wildakira,
Welcome to the forum

What an interesting topic. I believe this topic was thoroughly discussed a couple of years prior. There is a bounty of information, and opinions on the topic here. I would highly recommend using the "Search" feature to locate those topics. Try keywords such as "Olympics."

Much luck.
What really helps is to do a google search on this forum. Just copy/paste the following into google: "site:www.kendo-world.com/forum/ kendo olympic

In google you basicly just type "site:www.yoursitehere.com" and then whatever search words you want

*whispers* As much as I love this forum, the search function is pretty useless!

Old 11-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
Edqpdnuu

Having kendo in the Olympics would certainly bring a measure of prestige to the sport, but is that really what we want? I don't belive so.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
uncoosesoge

What really helps is to do a google search on this forum. Just copy/paste the following into google: "site:www.kendo-world.com/forum/ kendo olympic

In google you basicly just type "site:www.yoursitehere.com" and then whatever search words you want

*whispers* As much as I love this forum, the search function is pretty useless!
Hey Aki,

If you use the search function, you'll see that it's a topic that has been beaten to death a few times.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #6
TouccuraLar

Thanks everyone.

I`ll be sure to check out the past posts.

Reply to Thread New Thread