LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
TimoDass

Default Any German-speakers in the house?
Anyone help me with this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9bF4vh5RT8

I have a sneaking suspicion I ain't gonna like what they're claiming.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
patrycjakolekk

starts off:

"old way"
"new discovery" (or.. maybe this is all supposed to imply "new detection/discovery from the old way")

Old 02-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
vSzsgifP

"experience a very diverse..."
"..traditional, oriental martial art..."

Old 02-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
lionsiy

"weaponless, but also with the Japanese weapon of the Samurai.."

Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
machpamb

"... in which everyone has his [own] individual development..."

"It is more than just a sport.."
"It is no competition sport.."
"learn from the samurai..."
"Go the way of the warriors..."
"after ["based on", perhaps] the style of the dragon..."

Old 02-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
Kinds Of Pain Meds

...ooooo boy....

Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
cxddfrxc

...or did you mean all the comment/description stuff under the video?

Old 02-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
nithhysfusy

Part of the description of the video ---

The name (Tatsu-Ryu-Bushido) corresponds with "The way of the warrior [through] the style of the dragon."

The "Tatsu-Ryu-Bushido" is based on the written record of the sword-fighting style "Niten-Ichi-Ryu" (two-heaven-school) of probably the most famous sword fighter, Miyamoto Mushashi (1584-1645) and his instruction of the five elements of the "Gorin-No-Sho" (earth, water, fire, wind, and emptiness), blah blah blah....
The Japanese martial art was called "Tatsu-Ryu-Bushido" by Christian Wierderanders in 1987 ('ins leben' is hard for me to figure out what that implies... it means 'in life' but maybe it could mean 'during his life'... who cares? it's not important)...

moving on...

Tatsu-Ryu-Bushido deals with a very diversified and traditionally-oriented (sorry, I said 'oriental' in a previous post but read it too fast) martial art with and without [use of] weapons, in which everyone has [or, determines, perhaps] his own individual development. As a result, age, gender and physical abilities (that's loose translation) are unimportant to start this "Way".
Tatsu-ryu-Bushido is more than just a sport. It is not a "fighting sport" or competition sport. The goal of the practical excercises of this martial art is individual development of the spirit and self-discipline.

As far as physical aspects are concerned, learning and command of weaponless fighting belongs to this martial art. Here, one systematically learns such things as: proper stance, falling, escape techniques, distance techniques (hitting, stabbing, kicking, hard block techniques), to overpower an opponent through bodily contact (throws, "sicheln"(??), soft blocking techniques), and to take the opponent's power and redirect it. Experienced students endeavor towards a realistic and practical implementation of the martial art.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
PilotVertolet

The sword point(?) of the weapons-schooling lies in the application of the japanese samurai sword "katana" (long sword), the learning of which begins with the "bokken" (wooden sword). The goal of this is the simultaneous handling of the two swords "wakazashi" (short sword) and "katana" (long sword), as once practiced by Miyamoto Musashi. The education (or 'formation') [continues] with more traditional wood- or metal-weapons such as the tanbo, nitanbo, jo, bo, jitte, tanto, yari, naginata, shuriken, and tessen .... [and something along the lines of] all this is dealt with in sequence up through and including 2.dan....

Training in the woods and 'free nature' is included in the formation/education, both in groups and individually. The [student] will [learn to] use strategy and [helpful, naturally-found stuff] to survive in terrain/woods/wilderness/whatever...

Theoretical background such as japanese language, writing, history and culture is part of the whole program and.. blah blah... a glimpse into the life of Japan, both today and during the time of the samurai..

Since April 2009, tatsu-ryu-bushido was tested and recommended, with accreditation in 'prevention training'(?), by the German Medical Association and the German Olympic Committee.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
Helloheshess

rough translation -- maybe babelfish would make it more interesting.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
KuevDulin

Why do all these dunces claim to follow Musashi? Why aren't there any Bokuden fanboys?

Cheers for the translation dude.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #12
Poohoppesmase

no prob... didn't think i'd have time during the work day to type it all up...

i thinke everybody picks musashi because that's just the big name that will garnish zillions of hits on google.

i find it more interesting that they list 'shuriken' as part of their musashi-influenced style...
maybe they ought to rename it mushashi-ninjutsu-ryu .... just a thought.

Reply to Thread New Thread