redDoodia

Default Donkey of the Race
Whoever was in charge of cocking up the television transmission

Old 10-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Biassasecumma

No technical problems here.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
acneman

yeah, everyone drove well. Torro Rosso for not attaching a tyre properly. TV coverage for cocking up the top 3 driver interviews

Old 10-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
vulikox

It has been a bit hit'n'miss today, hasn't it? Thank goodness for the onboard feed, because the world feed director missed quite a few incidents which thankfully the replays picked up.

On-track donkey? Nobody really today. Lewis was a bit careless with his love tap on his old buddy, but again it's no worse than many many other racing incidents we've seen.

I suppose my nomination must go to whoever didn't properly attach Buemi's wheel, causing the one and only retirement of the race.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
patuvammnogoo

TV coverage for cocking up the top 3 driver interviews
Harsh at least they saved the worst of the disruption until after the end of the race!

Old 10-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
Biassasecumma

I suppose my nomination must go to whoever didn't properly attach Buemi's wheel, causing the one and only retirement of the race.
Yep.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
Enjknsua

I would like to re itterate that there weren't out and out donkeys

But poor races from

Kobayashi: Sadly botched the start and couldn't recover 7th to 13th
Senna: Poor race don't know why 10th to 16th.

Toro Rosso: For not putting Buemi's wheel on properly

Old 10-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
Optosypoeds

Speed TV and its commentators, started 15mins late showing some V8 cars race, and it took 20mins for them to realize why alonso's drs was open because of a back marker. I so so wish there was some other channel on which this was broadcasted.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
forebirdo

Senna. Petrov took points and he was nowhere.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
muBXvWIC

Couldn't really think of a donkey as it was a fairly clean race in all. I agree Buemi's pitcrew come close.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
limpoporanique

hamilton for qualifying and the bump with massa, again

Old 10-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #12
BinasiDombrs

Brundle & DC - OK, I know there will be mistakes and the Lewis looked bad going through Spoon, but I thought it was a major schoolboy error by coming up with half a dozen crazy conspiracy theories when it looked rather obvious - and I was feeling half asleep from staying up all night because of Bathurst I must add - that by going through 130R it was a bloody puncture.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #13
FetMiddle

Buemi's pit crew.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #14
avaiptutt

Williams/Rubens...his final lap was his fastest of the race and still he finished 17th and only 14 seconds ahead of a Lotus.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #15
Biassasecumma

Senna. Petrov took points and he was nowhere.
Well well, what were you expecting from someone who could not beat Chandhok and was blown away by Klien? Heck he was barely faster than Yamamoto.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #16
acneman

Well well, what were you expecting from someone who could not beat Chandhok and was blown away by Klien? Heck he was barely faster than Yamamoto.
keep repeating it and someone will eventually jump on your bandwagon

Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #17
muBXvWIC

Thats all circumstances in the past and a HRT is hardly a proving ground for any driver especially if the car suffers mechanical failures in 9 races. It was virtually undriveable in 2010 and the fact Chandhok outperformed Senna on only 2 occasions adds little credibility IMO. I think whenever a HRT managed to finished a race during 2010 was more down to luck than a driver being better than the other.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #18
acneman

Senna's onboard showed he got gaught up in the scrap behind Kobyashi's slwo start and then someone running wide at the exit of turn 1, and he went from his starting position back to 16th straight away. He also had a slow pitstop which put him out a couple of places further down later on. A lot of the midfield runners, Force India and Renault expecially had their strategies made trickier by the saftey car, whilst the 2 stoppers gained

Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 AM   #19
Sydrothcoathy

Hamilton for the Massa bump. Does he think that all other cars disappear when he gets to that chicane?

I'm starting to feel sorry for Hamilton. I've been critical of him in the past, but the difference now is that he's getting into mess-ups through his own misjudgements, rahter than being too aggressive or enthusiastic.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:46 AM   #20
muBXvWIC

Hamilton for the Massa bump. Does he think that all other cars disappear when he gets to that chicane?

I'm starting to feel sorry for Hamilton. I've been critical of him in the past, but the difference now is that he's getting into mess-ups through his own misjudgements, rahter than being too aggressive or enthusiastic.
I think if you look more into it and listen to what has been said by a number of parties, its not just a case of Lewis bumping into Massa. The stewards explantion to me suggests they thought Felipe was more at fault than Lewis therefore classed it as a racing incident. The wording in the report was similar to Canada where Button used the same line on previous laps into a corner and therefore the attacking driver had no business attempting an impossible overtake. Felipe was never going to make the pass around the outside and the stewards deemed the incident as the fault of both drivers. If you are going to give Lewis the donkey award its only fair Massa gets it too.

Personally I don't think either are donkey's, it was a minor scrape that is only being discussed in depth because of the driver(s) involved.

Reply to Thread New Thread