LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
johobuo

Default Red Bull + Wings
There were 2 new front wings which Red Bull brought for Webber and Vettel.

Vettel's fell off in practice.

So what did RBR do?

Gave him Webber's wing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85175

Hmm...

Old 07-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Rurcextedutty

Red Bull is playing favorites.

Chassis, front wing, what's next?

Old 07-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
Scukonah

Bitches!

Old 07-11-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
loginptsa

I can't help but feel that if the situation was reversed RBR's response to Webber would be tough luck!

Old 07-11-2010, 01:41 AM   #5
Savviioor

It was clear after Turkey that Webbo will not score either polls or wins. Pity.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:19 AM   #6
nithhysfusy

It was clear after Turkey that Webbo will not score either polls or wins. Pity.
I hope for Webber's sake that he can win this race ( if Hamilton can't) just ruffle the feathers of the RBR Vettel team. This is clearly a case of a driver performing in-spite of his team. Earlier in the week he proclaimed the Button/Hamilton partnership will end in tears. But from what I've seen I believe this whole RBR situation will end badly, very badly and I can see Webber leaving to Renault or Williams at the end of the year.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:39 AM   #7
masteryxisman

yeah, but if that one imitates its dirty little sister and falls off in the race.....I am certain Webber will in tears...

If i were vettle, I am not so sure I would be wanting it, unless it simply failed because some nut was not screwed

maybe next they will give webber's woman to vettel....

Old 07-11-2010, 04:48 AM   #8
BJEugene

I´m not sure it was seb asking for it.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:07 AM   #9
sadgpokx

So Vettel has joined the club of Schumacher, Alonso and Hamilton of being favoured - how honorable. I guess almost any team has had situations, where they have had only one certain new car part and they give it to the so-called lead driver. The circumstances have put RBR into a bit of an embarrassing situation in this case, but after a bit of thinking there shouldn't be anything surprising about their action. Although if I was Horner, I'm not sure I would have rushed to give a new wing to the lead driver after it has already failed and the cause hasn't been properly examined.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #10
Heliosprime

If there were two races left and Vettel had a better chance to win the championship, then he should be favored. But there are 10 races left to go and they are separated by only 12 points, so there's no excuse for taking Webber's wing if the drivers are truly treated equally. I don't have a problem with Red Bull favoring Vettel (they're free to run the team as they see fit), but I have a problem with them lying about it and re-signing Webber with the promise that he will be treated equally.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #11
werkeeque

Though there's a significant difference between the endplates there was nothing inbetween them in Q1, Vettel had 0.3s advantage in Q2, and Webbo was beaten by over a tenth for pole.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #12
i6mbwwdh

Even if it is true....so what?

You should only expect Red Bull Racing to do what they think is best for Red Bull Racing.

To think otherwise is just silly.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #13
loginptsa

First they blame Webber for his teammate running into him in Turkey (not to mention that they told Webber to turn his engine down and Vettel to turn his up).

Then they give Webber a chasis that they said was so broken that it caused Vettel to be beaten by Webber.

Now they take new parts off Webber's car and give them to Vettel.

To top it all off they maintain that there are no team orders and that everything is just peachy. Red Bull need to go and talk to McLaren about how to be sublte about having a no. 1 driver because right now Red Bull are about as subtle as a turd in a punchbowl.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #14
hujdrftgkas

We know that Red Bull Racing are biased towards Vettel and that they are liars about it. Horner is a real slime-ball - but this is not new to f1.

This sort of thing has always happened from engine manufacturers such as Cosworth in past days providing better engines to the number 1 driver in teams to Ferrari dictates.

This is a sport but it is the right of a team to do as it pleases.

The difference is that in the old days if it was found out it was admitted or if blatantly done such as this wing fiasco, it was not denied - does the RBR management really think that fans are THAT gullible?

I dont like what they have done to Webber but they have their reasons and knowing Webber this is going to make him even more determined than ever.

Anyone imagining that there is not a "situation" at RBR is not up to speed. Turkey will be the order of the day.

Hopefully any blatant action by the team during the race, including trying to mess with his engine mapping will be caught by Pilbeam - a good guy for Webber to have in his side.

RBR can learn from the Whitmarsh run Mclaren team. The prevention of any friction between drivers is enabled BEFORE the season begins with the co-operation of the drivers. Now it is too late.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #15
hujdrftgkas

Even if it is true....so what?

You should only expect Red Bull Racing to do what they think is best for Red Bull Racing.

To think otherwise is just silly.
When has alienating a driver such as Webber ever been in a team's rational self-interest?

Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #16
i6mbwwdh

When has alienating a driver such as Webber ever been in a team's rational self-interest?
You ever hear of Ferrari, McLaren or Williams. They made F-1 history and won championships by alienating drivers.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:04 AM   #17
hujdrftgkas

You ever hear of Ferrari, McLaren or Williams. They made F-1 history and won championships by alienating drivers.
They have never alienated drivers against the team, especially in the middle of a season where neither driver is dominant.

There have been situations where drivers have become alienated from each other, but the team has stepped in to try and control it - but not always successfully.

But regardless, my question relates to an objective action and there is only one proper answer - acting irrationally is not the way to go.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #18
Apparpsmose

"Red Bull takes your wings!"

Old 07-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #19
MineOffedOvex

First they blame Webber for his teammate running into him in Turkey (not to mention that they told Webber to turn his engine down and Vettel to turn his up).

Then they give Webber a chasis that they said was so broken that it caused Vettel to be beaten by Webber.

Now they take new parts off Webber's car and give them to Vettel.

To top it all off they maintain that there are no team orders and that everything is just peachy. Red Bull need to go and talk to McLaren about how to be sublte about having a no. 1 driver because right now Red Bull are about as subtle as a turd in a punchbowl.
Wait till the pit stop when they can't find the nut for Webbo's car.

This is reprehensible: "Red Bull has been forced to defend its decision to remove a new front wing from Mark Webber's car and hand it to team-mate Sebastian Vettel for qualifying for the British Grand Prix."

After Vettel took pole position, Webber was left visibly annoyed in the post-session press conference - and cheekily suggested that at least the team would be 'happy' with the result today.

Horner moved quickly, however, to defend the decision – saying that he felt the outfit had a duty to hand the wing to the driver who was leading the championship. He also suggested that there was no lap time difference between the two designs.

I suppose this is the end of Webbo's challenge for the title this year.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #20
hujdrftgkas

I suppose this is the end of Webbo's challenge for the title this year.
Never become defeatist! This is just the end of the beginning! [thanks Winnie]

There is nobody tougher out there and Vettel must now realize that instead of securing a teammate he has gained a stronger and more determined opponent.

Believe me, I have been in battle situations that have look somewhat bleak - but you NEVER even THINK negatively. You just go on and push and win.

Webber has to enter the Mansell mind set - prepared to die to win.

He will be racing in front of a crowd that will appreciate and let him know when he is driving like Nige.

The British crowd dislike something unfair and I am sure they will be cheering for Webber tomorrow as much as for Jense and Lewis.

Webber must approach this as a war and act regardless of consequences even if it means crashing into Vettel by not giving in.

If he acts like in Turkey he will win, if he acts like Malaysia then it is over and he will deserve to lose.

He must be Senna, he must be Mansell, he must be Schumacher tomorrow. No prisoners. Just DO IT! He must destroy Vettel mentally tomorrow.

Reply to Thread New Thread