LOGO
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
Master_B

Default Things you would like to see added to the F1 Telecast
Just saw this article regarding F1 broadcasts which are soon to be in HD.
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...be-seen-in-hd/

Was wondering what the thoughts are of people here on how the telecast of Formula 1 could be improved? It is often said that the sport is trying to improve the show and get the fans closer to the sport.

I'd personally like to see better onboard cameras. Why can't every driver carry an onboard camera on their helmet just above the visor so we can get a real driver's eye view. This provides a much more adrenalin pumping experience for viewers at home and really shows the speed of the cars a lot more. It would be amazing to watch replays of incidents during the race and the start from the driver's actual perspective as his head moves etc.

I'd also like to see footcam/pedal cam. I know they aren't as busy down there as a rally driver or a touring car driver but it would still be good to see some of the different driving styles of the drivers and once more could improve the show in my opinion. This was shown briefly on Pedro De La Rosa's car years ago but I hope they bring it back!

So anyways, what's everyone's thoughts on what they could do to improve the telecast. Whether it be more telemetry, different camera angles etc..