LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
ggiifdfalls

Default News Flash to Robert Kubica: F1 is about racing
Kubica's comments after the race:

"The entire weekend was unlucky for me," he said. "Yesterday I wasn't able to show my good pace due to the red and yellow flags. Today I was stuck in traffic a couple of times. Furthermore I lost much time at the beginning of the race with a heavy and understeering car.

"Once the car was lighter and I got into my rhythm I was quite quick. I was then very unlucky with my first pit stop, as after the stop both Kimi and Nick were in front of me. That cost me time.

"Also after the safety car period I was in traffic. I was stuck behind Jenson. I was quicker than him in the corners, but was not able to overtake as we were missing some top speed on the straights."

Is he for real?!
He was stuck in traffic or was he rather not able to pass cars on track? Maybe he should take up rallying as soon as next season.

I wish Renault all the best with a driver who can only complain and find excuses.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
infarrelisam

Is he for real?!
He was stuck in traffic or was he rather not able to pass cars on track? .
Here goes -

He was stuck in traffic because he couldn't pass other cars on track.

Are you for real?

Old 10-04-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
santorio

I see nothing in Kubica's comments which are markedly different from any other non-winning driver after any given race.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #4
DavidQD

Nothing like shreading a guy who was just explaining his race the way he saw it.
I would be really disapointed if he said somethimng like:
"I came out behind Button and realized that he would whip my @$$ no matter how hard I tried"

Old 10-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #5
PypeMaypetasy

:
"I came out behind Button and realized that he would whip my @$$ no matter how hard I tried"
I can agree with this statement

Old 10-05-2009, 01:25 AM   #6
bonyclayd

Criticising Kubica!!!

That is the height of assinine!

Oh but we forget - he does not drive a Ferrari.

Remember: Fischella good / Kubica bad....

Old 10-05-2009, 01:38 AM   #7
Solo3uc4

nothing wrong with what kubica said. move along

Old 10-05-2009, 02:53 AM   #8
ggiifdfalls

He's just a whine baby, pretty big one on top of that.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
Bvghbopz

I can't see anything wrong with a driver expressing that he was unlucky at certain points in a race... Barrichello had a melt down in an interview earlier in the season, and you defended him ioan...

Let me tell you one thing, I appreciate more a person who will say out loud what he thinks than a nobody who will bend over without a whisper!
The first one is a man, the second one is a whore.
I don't see how Kubica's comments are worse than Rubens...

Old 10-05-2009, 03:10 AM   #10
AsmViktor

He's just a whine baby, pretty big one on top of that.
Considering Rubens and Massa's little recent outbursts it must be the season for whining

Old 10-05-2009, 04:00 AM   #11
ggiifdfalls

I can't see anything wrong with a driver expressing that he was unlucky at certain points in a race... Barrichello had a melt down in an interview earlier in the season, and you defended him ioan...
I know why I defended Rubens, because he was treated like dirt by his team.

Why I started this thread? Because I had enough of drivers telling us that they were stuck in traffic, instead of telling us how they were unable to do better.
Also the quote was part of an article where Heidfeld gave his view on his own race and man it was different from what Kubica chose to say.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:01 AM   #12
ggiifdfalls

Considering Rubens and Massa's little recent outbursts it must be the season for whining
Massa's recent outburst? He didn't even race for half of the season.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:07 AM   #13
Rexaviennatutr

A wonderful opportunity to trade pleasantries.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #14
Flatlytaize

Why I started this thread? Because I had enough of drivers telling us that they were stuck in traffic, instead of telling us how they were unable to do better.
When Button was stuck behind Sutil and Kovy he was lapping in the 1min mid-30s and complaining of understeer but after Sutil & Kovy collision Button was released into clean air and lapping 2s quicker in the 1min 33s.

Also the quote was part of an article where Heidfeld gave his view on his own race and man it was different from what Kubica chose to say.
Kubica has every right to feel p*ssed. BMW released Heidfeld right into the path of Kubica which compromised Kubica's race. Nobody likes to be beaten by their team mate.

Massa's recent outburst? He didn't even race for half of the season.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8286418.stm

Old 10-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #15
bonyclayd

I know why I defended Rubens, because he was treated like dirt by his team.

Oh my god you have had enough!! The drivers in f1 will now be quaking in their racing boots!

The Brawn team have never treated Barrichello like "dirt" as you so melodramatically suggest.

Look back at Spain after he saw the evidence along with everyone else illustrated that his laps times were slower and he lost his lead.

The whole situation since Hungary if I recall has been that the team has SOLVED the issues he had. Prior to that he had brake feel issues. And actually Rubens mentioned it this weekend.

But then why should you pay attention to the truth. You just enjoy being angry all the time.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #16
forebirdo

Kubica has every right to feel p*ssed. BMW released Heidfeld right into the path of Kubica which compromised Kubica's race. Nobody likes to be beaten by their team mate.
Yes they did release Heidfeld in front of him, but Nick was fighting for 4th place.

BMW didn't care when they made Heidfeld move over for Robert in Canada 2008, when Nick had it in the bag. No offence to Kubica, but he was gifted his victory.

He is a good driver, and I quite like the guy, but this shows that Heidfeld has him a bit rattled.

Funny how Kubica might be going to Renault, but yet Heidfeld has beaten him in 2 out of their 3 full seasons together. I know who I'd take - Quick Nick.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #17
Rexaviennatutr

Funny how Kubica might be going to Renault, but yet Heidfeld has beaten him in 2 out of their 3 full seasons together. I know who I'd take - Quick Nick.
Strange that you should mention this. I have always felt that Nick, by luck or whatever, has somehow been the guy who has been overlooked or under-estimated. I'd like to see him in a really competitive car.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
SerycegeBunny

Strange that you should mention this. I have always felt that Nick, by luck or whatever, has somehow been the guy who has been overlooked or under-estimated. I'd like to see him in a really competitive car.
He had one in 07 and 08

Nothing flash about Heidfeld

Old 10-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #19
Filmania

I can understand why Ioan feels a bit peeved off over Kubica's comments. Personally myself, they sound like more and more like excuses every race weekend. But its not something you should start a thread about. There are some things you should just keep to yourself man, especially in the manner that you slated him.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #20
forebirdo

Well he did a great drive yesterday, and he's ahead of Kubica 15-9 in points. If it was the other way round I could guarantee we would be bombarded with posts saying Nick should retire.

He's outperformed Kubica comprehensively this year IMO, and deserves to be on the grid next year with a competitive Sauber team, if not somewhere else.

2006 (6 GPs) - Heidfeld 10 points, Kubica 6
2007 - Heidfeld 61, Kubica 39
2008 - Heidfeld 60, Kubica 75
2009 - Heidfeld 15, Kubica 9

Total - Heidfeld 146, Kubica 129

They have been fairly evenly matched, but IMO Nick has had the advantage over the period they have teamed together.

However we must remember that Robert is much younger than Nick, so he will probably get better.

Reply to Thread New Thread