LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
metrocartockasur

Default Webber should have been in a red car
So Webber had to drop back and let two cars passed for putting all four wheels off the circuit on the first lap. In the wrong coloured car as that is exactly what Kimi did at Spa with no penalty and he overtook two cars doing it.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
AsmViktor

I thought I saw Fisichella doing a similar stunt against a Force India and not getting picked up for it

Old 09-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
boiffrona

Proof once again that the biggest problem with F1 stewards is their lack of consistency.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
Rupeviv

Proof once again that the biggest problem with F1 stewards is their lack of consistency.
no, they are consistent. they're consistently inconsistent

Old 09-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #5
santorio

Mark's just told the BBC that he feels aggrieved because Kimi got away with it in Spa (which in my opinion was premeditated) whereas here Alonso went wide forcing him off track. Alonso himself went off track but didn't have a penalty.

This was simply a good first-lap battle, hard but fair driving with no contact. I fail to see why anybody deserved a penalty.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
SashaLionx

That penalty was completely mystifying indeed.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #7
Solo3uc4

Mark's just told the BBC that he feels aggrieved because Kimi got away with it in Spa (which in my opinion was premeditated) whereas here Alonso went wide forcing him off track. Alonso himself went off track but didn't have a penalty.

This was simply a good first-lap battle, hard but fair driving with no contact. I fail to see why anybody deserved a penalty.
trust me I was beyond mad at the stewards decision. It seems amazing to me that they penalize Webber for being forced off the track and not for kimi for purposely going off the track to gain an advantage.

I guess FIArarri live by a different set of rules than the rest of the teams. Webber has every right to be mad, That's why I don't want to see Todt there. He is about the worst choice of people to head up the FIA.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:44 PM   #8
VZF74G0M

This is the FIA we are talking about, why is anyone surprised?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #9
Toscoropreark

I wasn't surprised... forgive me for being one eyed, but the steward desicions always seem to be against webber... even when its very questionable.

Ruined my night

Old 09-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #10
asivisepo

I don't understand why Webber was penalized for passing Alonso over the curb. But Alonso was also over the curb. Shouldn't the two infrations cancel out?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
Bvghbopz

It was bizarre IMO... The FIA seem to love ruining good on track battles for some reason...

BTW.. I can't beleive we all seem to agree on this thread!! Is there some members missing or what?? I'm going to have to have a lie down

Old 09-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #12
elton

You either penalise everyone or nobody.

Kimi took an option last time which was logical. Use the runoff / keep out of the trouble / make a couple of places. Personally I think this deserves a penalty unless he relinquishes the places.

Webber did nearly the same. He had an option to get off the power but carried on and was forced wide.

You have to ask yourself what would have been the result if there was a barrier there apart from a nice bit of Tarmac. Would both drivers have acted differently and not run wide?

I want to see racing and drivers having a go but it has to be fair. If you go both tyres off track and gain an advantage, you get penalised by a drive through unless you give the place up. (and even then you might still get penalised as we very well know )

Old 09-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #13
wiweimeli

I have to say that there seems to be some Karma at work here.

In Valencia on the first lap, Webber more-or-less forced Button to cut the chicane, and then got straight on the radio asking for Button to be penalised.

And indeed that is what happened, Webber got the place back, and only lost it again much later in the race.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:02 AM   #14
VZF74G0M

In Valencia on the first lap, Webber more-or-less forced Button to cut the chicane, and then got straight on the radio asking for Button to be penalised.

And indeed that is what happened, Webber got the place back, and only lost it again much later in the race.
Can't really argue with that.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:34 AM   #15
ONLINEPHARMACYCHEAPILLS

What Kimi did at Spa seemed (much) more blatant than what Webber did in Singapore. Though I like Kimi, he really seemed to be using the run-off to gain an advantage. And if I'm not mistaken, he did something very similar last year at Spa, during his battle with Hamilton.

IMO, the entire structure of the steward system needs to be shaken up and reformed. Right now it's a complete and total joke. And no, I don't think Jean Todt would be the man to do that. Putting him over the FIA would be like putting a fox in charge of the hen house.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #16
moohassinny

What Kimi did at Spa seemed (much) more blatant than what Webber did in Singapore. Though I like Kimi, he really seemed to be using the run-off to gain an advantage. And if I'm not mistaken, he did something very similar last year at Spa, during his battle with Hamilton.

IMO, the entire structure of the steward system needs to be shaken up and reformed. Right now it's a complete and total joke. And no, I don't think Jean Todt would be the man to do that. Putting him over the FIA would be like putting a fox in charge of the hen house.
I agree with what Kimi did as questionable, but the problem seems to lie in how the rule is interpreted.

The stewards seem to regard the rule of "gaining advantage" as actually making as least a portion of the pass off the track. What Kimi did (and MS as well years back) was gain a great deal of added momentum by accelerating on a different line, yet make the pass inside the track proper.

Webbers move seemed to be a combination of both, but for the most part the pass was made outside the line. I think BillBalds comment on karma does have a place here.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #17
acissombiapse

F1 rules are about as consistent as Brett Favre's retirement plans.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #18
Solo3uc4

good point and I will acknowledge that aspect but I question why webber had to give up 2 spots.

So if alonso made a slight error (which he did) and 4 cars passed him, should Webber have to give up 4 spots?

you are supposed to give up the grid spot gained not who you passed.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:03 AM   #19
pumpineemob

looks to me that Webber was a victim of the Kimi incident and perhaps the FIA saw they should have done something there and are choosing to punish people now. harsh on Webber, but we had similar things in Valencia too didn't we? Spa still stands out as the exception, the only difference there that there wasn't a kerb, just a white line

Old 09-30-2009, 02:03 AM   #20
wmtravelservice

F1 rules are about as consistent as Brett Favre's retirement plans.
Down with the Vikings!

Reply to Thread New Thread