LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
K0aM7urg

Default The reason I don't like radical feminists
You and aneeshm can have a big "bash the feminazis" party. It'll be great.

-Arrian

Old 09-21-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
Reftsheette

Rad fems aren't that bad, they're worse.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:47 PM   #3
Indinehon

Nah. THis is not an ongoing theme for me. I've just been "liberated" from a group of feminists myself. Had to work with a group of them. It was all getting back to the society, getting back to men. I could feel I was the man in those situations.

The ratio for gender was like 3 males and 13 women, seriously. So when I was usually th eonly man with say, 6 women, don't talk **** about glass ceiling in our place, because there's more women to begin with in these same positions!

And they would hire ONLY other women. That's a fact.

What an experience that was. I was just trying to be nice and professional. To me gender wasn't an issue. To them, it definitely was. But they also had the power. They were very liberated alright. But their liberation meant that while their theme was always very feminist, my theme would have to discard race or agree with their views.

Which I often didn't. Kept my mouth shut.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
TamreuddyRada

Originally posted by Pekka
Nah. THis is not an ongoing theme for me. I've just been "liberated" from a group of feminists myself. Had to work with a group of them. It was all getting back to the society, getting back to men. I could feel I was the man in those situations.

The ratio for gender was like 3 males and 13 women, seriously. So when I was usually th eonly man with say, 6 women, don't talk **** about glass ceiling in our place, because there's more women to begin with in these same positions! I work for two women but I wouldn't consider either to be a "radical feminist". They are both strong, focused and determined but gender isn't their thing.

Our entire staff consists of 8 people - 5 women and 3 men. The "senior" three positions under the female co-owners are all filled by men.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
Obebtetibre

Pekka this is true about all liberal groups now. Civil Rights isn't about equal right. Not anymore. They are not satified with equal rights. Now it's all about getting as much power as they can. It's the political leaders really trying to creae a purpose for themselves where there isn't one anymore.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:05 PM   #6
Infellgedq

One of my bosses is a "real woman".

Old 09-21-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
ChyFDjfed

Wezil, and neither would I make that assumption either if it indeed wasn't the case. I should be fair though, two (2) were self proclaimed feminists. As in what's that got to do with anything? ANd they weren't the moderate types either. They were straight out man haters. I've never felt so uncomfortable with women as I felt there. I know what you mean. I had a housemate in uni that was a self procliamed feminist of the sort you would consider "radical". Quite frankly, she was a complete and utter headcase.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:08 PM   #8
AgowlSown

She spanks me every now and then. But usually when I deserve it.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #9
erepsysoulpfbs

and for the record, I don't condone the sexist behavior of men who use authority in working place as a shield and then make remarks that are not cool. Then again, some of these femmies interpret everything as a sexist remark. But the obvious ones, the ones that make women uncomfortable in general, those are oppressive and not to be condoned.

This doesn't apply to femmies though, they can say what ever the **** they want, working place is the preferred audience, because no one will answer their war cry, as in people want to behave as professionals. I think the line is not vague, it's very clear. When you are making someone feel uncomfortable, it's too much, you crossed the line. Even sexist remarks, if it's between two people and they both feel cool with it, I don't see a problem. Like if some dude has a secretary and he likes her to wear short skirts and flirt, and if that REALLY is OK with the secretary, I don't see a problem, as long as that stays between those two people. Bad example actually, I don't think that's proper behavior in professional setting, but anyway, I don't see it being sexist in itself, as in when it becomes a problem. If there would be other people present, then it would be a problem, because then you're dominating that person in front of others. Kind of like giving negative personal feedback to someone in front of his peers or even subordinates. That's Baaaaaad. You do it 1-on-1.

Just like if I had a boss who is a woman, who feels the need to punish me a bit every now and then, I wouldn't consider it necessarily a problem, if I have been naughty of course, and I don't have another woman at home who should be the one correcting my ways that is. It woudl be wrong because it's unprofessional and doesn't fit to the working environment, a place to work and not do any games and be distracted like that and waste time, however, other than that? I mean I did eat the last cookie and didn't ask for permission. I couldn't resist myself. I knew it was wrong. I should be punished.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:23 PM   #10
Ingeborga

Actually, I kinda like the slutty ones too.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:54 PM   #11
raskrutkaseo

We need more feminine women.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:27 AM   #12
LOVEBoy

shraplen, it is about power. You ask from radical femmie, "what do you want?" "equal rights!" "Ok you have them already, I can't change other peoples attitudes but at least the law doesn't favour men, so what you want?". The real answer is "everything".

It's about power. As much as your extensive ranting is worthless, this is right. They want power. Equal rights is not power. And why should the dominant group get all the power.

Also, Feminism isn't women against men. It's a world view.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #13
texbrease

Originally posted by Lancer
You're very young aren't you? wtf?

Old 09-22-2007, 11:59 AM   #14
acceraStoof

Originally posted by Lancer
That pov needs to sit in a bottle in a cellar and change a bit. I'm glad you think so.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #15
comprar-espana

Can't we all just get along?

Old 09-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #16
alex_loudermilk

No, we need someone to call evil.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:05 PM   #17
ggdfgtdfffhfyj

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Well, equal rights is only half of the equation to actual equality. Equal rights is nice, but if the people in charge have an unequal POV, well, not much is going to happen and steps have to be taken to get attitudes to change. I mean look at black people in the US, even after Jim Crow was abolished, there was an attitude that needed to be fought (and in some places STILL has to be fought).

So after the acquisition of equal rights, now one must fight an unequal attitude... and perhaps that will mean making the young generation have a different POV through constant action against the current power generation (making the young see the unequality of power dynamics).

But I've said too much already .
Somehow you think these militant femmies are about equality. Weird.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #18
Wetekemieluth

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Gloria Steinem I see. She's made it into history books? Wonderful.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #19
AlexanderDrew

Where's my barf bucket? Excuse me for a few minutes.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:38 PM   #20
ErubTiereedig

Imran, please stop. I can not take this.

Reply to Thread New Thread