LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-22-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
clubcughSheet

Default Freedom of speech, the constitution and the right to picket
choose another sign, why let everyone know you're stupid?

Old 09-22-2007, 07:54 AM   #2
Imihooniump

Originally posted by LotC
Since Americans seem to have a constitutional right to look like dumbasses, I would say you're well within your rights. You might even get on your local evening news. Play your cards right and you could be an Expert called upon to comment on Customer Service issues.

Good luck! Actually.....I was thinking of making calls to the television stations anonymuuuuuuuusly of course. I just get freeking tired as a consumer of being taken advantage of. I work hard for my money, as we all do. Just tired of big corporations doing it to me with no lubrication as it were

Old 09-22-2007, 08:06 AM   #3
sFs4aOok

Tis a franchise....he's probably one of the owners.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
Elelaytet

Most sidewalks are public spaces, and no, you won't get arrested just for standing in a public space with a picket sign.

The question is how you act during your picket. If you stand, hold the sing, maybe chant something non-vulger at a moderate tone, and make sure not to obstruct pedestrian traffic, including into the store in question, you would be legally okay.

Now, that doesn;t mean you might not get arrested, only that you would not give cops a valid legal justification to arrest you.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
trorseIrripsy

Yah, you could do it... but I'm not sure why you are so offended by this. When I worked at CVS we used to ***** about customers all the freaking time. Usually not in front of other customers, but sometimes it happened... and the managers tended to get involved in the discussions.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
Mowselelew

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Yah, you could do it... but I'm not sure why you are so offended by this. When I worked at CVS we used to ***** about customers all the freaking time. Usually not in front of other customers, but sometimes it happened... and the managers tended to get involved in the discussions. Clerks 2

Old 09-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #7
markbila

Since Americans seem to have a constitutional right to look like dumbasses, I would say you're well within your rights. You might even get on your local evening news. Play your cards right and you could be an Expert called upon to comment on Customer Service issues.

Good luck! STFU, garbagehead.

http://www.schlotzskys.com/feedback.html

Just contact them, Tia, unless you have empty time on your hands.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:03 PM   #8
rJohutozsfds

Slowwy, did you read the OP? She called that already... and cut out the name calling please

Tia, I wouldn't suggest picketing them. Word of mouth is much more effective there. However, I would have talked to the manager present at the time; perhaps he or she was paying attention to other things and wasn't listening very carefully to the conversation. Always let the management know what's going on, they generally appreciate knowing what is a concern to the customers. If you don't let them know, then they can't fix the issue

That said ... consider your attitude here, also. The comments about the $6 sandwich jockey versus the lady with a Ph.D. makes me think you don't have a very high opinion of customer service staff. What this kid said was wrong, certainly, and he should be reprimanded for it (or worse if it's not his first time saying that in front of a customer). However, it doesn't matter if she has a PhD or if she's on AFDC, and it doesn't matter if he's Mark Cuban or a $6 an hour sandwich jockey; these do not affect the situation AT ALL (well, unless he's a shock jock ). Demeaning people based on their job or place in life is WRONG, period. Unfortunately, this is a common attitude in customer service, particularly in wealthier areas, and a lot of customers bring this attitude to the interaction - expecting a higher level of service because they're rich and/or smart and/or privileged, and the kid working the counter is not. This causes a lot of customer service staff to be negative about their customers, and thus the negative feedback loop ...

So please, comment to the manager on duty, and then to the 1-800 number if that doesn't seem to do anything. And please have respect for your customer service staff

Old 09-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
AndyPharmc

Take a deep breath, Tia. Relax. Don't lower yourself to their level.
It's not even your battle, and you've already informed corporate.

Done.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:14 AM   #10
Stoottnoiciek

Call the police, I think you'll need a protest ok of some sort.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #11
tgs

Write a letter.

Corporate has to do something with it....so they'll put it in this yahoo's personnel file.

On the other hand, don't forget to compliment when appropriate. A couple of years ago, we had some really hard rains for a long time. Twice trees fell across the road and there were also multiple mud slides. Each time, by the time I got home from work, the problem had been cleaned up by city workers. I wrote a letter to the L.A. Times, which they published.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:57 AM   #12
ufUUZCnc

Chances are very good that the kid has to deal with a constant stream of morons and his frustration level is high. Tough nuts. I work, too, and deal with folks who aren't always the most pleasant to be around. You suck it up in public, and deal with it in private, rather than going off in public. That's the kind of thing I'd expect from a toddler who might not know better — not from a teenager or adult.

He also most likely hates his job My heart (doesn't) hurt for him. Perhaps the job situation is different where Tiamat lives, but up in my neck of the woods, there's a boatload of job openings available just about everywhere. They can't find people to fill them. The job seekers are on strong footing. So if that young fellow is ticked off about his job, he can get another one. A note to him, as well: Leave your current job on decent terms, and it'll help land you a potentially better one (i.e. references).

You can rest easy though in the knowledge that you probably got him reprimanded or fired. If I went off and berated a customer in public, I'd expect to be, at the very least, roasted and spitted by my supervisors. More than likely, I would be let go, and it'd be my own damn fault. Heck, it's downright stupid to give an employer an excuse to get rid of you, particularly if you like the job or, at the very least, need the income to keep a roof over your head, the bills paid and food on the table.

Then again, maybe our teenager is still living at home or is dependent on his folks, so he might not realize just yet how cold and unforgiving the world can be to those who deliberately shoot their own feet.

All in all, though, the best way to avoid a crappy job (or to get out of one) is to advance your education. Even if it means having to take out loans to do so and to buckle down and study. That usually goes far in getting oneself ahead in the "game" of life.

Gatekeeper

Old 09-23-2007, 05:48 PM   #13
soonahonsefalh

Joined the ranks of the Dumbass Clan, I see.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #14
Sandvikla

Originally posted by Tiamat
THANK YOU GATEKEEPR!!! You said it better then I did. Doesn't matter how many dumbass people you have to deal with all day you still, with a resuraunt full of people and people at the counter, don't get to spout off so the whole resturaunt can here you about how stupid customers are. Seriously he was really really loud. There was no mistaking what he was saying.

You're so right if you don't like it get another job. I am writing a letter to their corporate office as well as our newspaper today. Haven't decided about picketing though. Why not the customers do it about the workers all the time. Shouldn't something happen to them then?

Old 09-23-2007, 10:17 PM   #15
Daruhuw

Originally posted by Kidicious
Why not the customers do it about the workers all the time. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I don't treat food-service workers like crap. I spent some time in college working in food service, and have a rough idea of what it can be like. Besides that, though, it's just plain wrong to be sh*tty toward someone who's done you no wrong.

I even go so far as to address them as "sir" and "ma'am" when they're in their official capacity. Maybe it's a silly idea, but I've always believed that if you treat folks with respect, they'll return the favor more often than not, regardless of their age or job occupation.

Gatekeeper

P.S. Oh, and Tiamat? Here's a for ya.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #16
!!Aaroncheg

Shades of Falling Down.

-Arrian

Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 AM   #17
Kolokireo

I went in cause I had 15 minutes to get from one patient to the other and there was literally 8 cars in the drive through. So today I called the store where it happened and talked to the manager on duty and first ask for the corporate number and of course he wanted to know what was going on so I proceeded to tell him. Part way through the conversation he says...........wait for it.............................................."I've been having trouble with that particular employee off an on for some time now as well as the Manager that was on duty. They both have been on pretty thin ice in fact, the manager is on probation as we speak."

To which I said to him then possibly if you already having trouble with them you should relieve them and yourself of their trouble! Oh and he informed me that he didn't think it was appropriate for me to refer to said twit as a "sandwhich jockey." To which I said that I didn't think it was appropriate for his employee to refer to the people who are paying his rent, buying his groceries and putting the clothes on his back as stupid!!

I told him I'd been eating there since I was in high school and would never darken their door step again. Did he offer any free food to try to get me to come back, no! Did he do anything to try to win back my consumership, no the big giant twit! And to top it off I of course got no phone call from their corporate office which I left the complaint with. So it's just as I thought, they don't give a crap about the people who purchase their food so I am going to picket them tomorrow! TWITS!!! It's a matter of principle now, well it was before but it's worse now.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #18
Appeselve

Suggestions?

Old 09-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #19
Annewsded

Tiamat, I think a boycott would be more effective. If your the only one this fired up over this place, then you should probably just let it go and find someplace else to eat, but if you can find others, get them all to stop going there and right a letter to the company telling them you are doing so. If they are as bad as you say, you'll probably get your justice anyway as they are sure to go out of business.

Reply to Thread New Thread