LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-14-2007, 08:21 AM   #1
DebtDetox

Default Only a Mere $1200....
Best of luck, Tia. I'm rooting for you.
Keep us informed...

Old 09-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
nerkvcbtre

Yeah see that's what I was thinking. Since my dad died my cousin who really is more like my brother is always a really good compass for me before I spend a large amount of money. I always check with him. He even thought that was quite alot. Plus they say it will take them probably a year or so. I asked her if they were registered with the BBB and she said they were as well as the Chamber of Commerce so it can't hurt to check it out. But damn! $1200 when you're already in an emotional quandry about doing this in the first place.

While I was talking to her I just burst into tears cause it really hit me that I really might actually after all this time find them. I think probably that one of them at least will be dead due to age etc... and I just felt like half way through the conversation that I wanted to back out. I told her I would let her know. So, it's now 10:58 cst and I am now about to place the call to the woman who may have the answers for me. More then likely I'll be cause she'll be loyal to her husband and to my dad but we'll see. Off I go.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
PymnImmen

Originally posted by Tiamat
He did before he died however tell me my family was from Louisanna. It's a start. So you're a coonass? Is that what you're telling us?
Evidently so.
Poor Tiamat. From Texan to coonass in one fell swoop.

Ma'am, I be's suh sawry to heah sech sad noows.

BTW, coonass. It's Louisiana. One "n" and another "i".
You're pathetic, even for a coonass.

OR, are you saying you're from the line of Louis and Anna?
That must be it.
No, you're just validating that you're a coonass.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 PM   #4
tooratrack

That shows how much sense you have.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
thargeagsaf

Cry? Why? Be happy. Good luck with your quest, Tex.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:24 AM   #6
Poll Pitt

Originally posted by Tiamat
Omni Search and agency that claims to be able to reunite you with your birth family. The kicker is the price $1200 I suppose for records serches etc...and research you have to pay but man does that seem a bit on the pricey side. If you decide to go the professional route, actually go to a professional. Hire a reputable private detective. They can do a better job because they will be willing to do more than search some databases and you can probably limit your cash outlay to a few hundred bucks.

How do you find a good private detective? It's easy. Go find a successful divorce lawyer and find out who they use.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:22 AM   #7
RastusuadegeFrimoum

So you are saying she is feeling very said today?

Old 09-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #8
exeftWabreava

omni search? never heard of them.

I'd have to ask my mother how she got in touch with my half brother. He was put up for adoption way before I was born. I never even knew I had a half brother until a few years ago. They still haven't met in person, doesn't look like that will happen, but the exchanged pictures.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #9
strollerssfsfs

I'm getting close to running out of time. If my estimation and time line is correct she should be between 67 and 72 while in this day and age that's not as old as it used to be there is still a great possibility that she has passed on. It just feels a bit like being violated in some way to want that much money to give me something that really should be mine, preying on peoples emotions. They sound like all the other slimey salesmen in the world.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:22 AM   #10
alicewong

Actually........ You're not to far off the mark BTW I did the free link listed above that was pretty cool. When it gets right down to some of the nitty gritty stuff you have to pay but $49 is a hell of alot better then $1200.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #11
pouslytut

It might be good to know just for medical reasons.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
SergeyLisin

Originally posted by Japher
It might be good to know just for medical reasons.
This is my main reason for wanting to do this. I had cervical cancer when I was 19, a lump the size of a grapefruit taken off my throat in 1990 and my daughter is bipolar. Alot of the medical issues in my family and my children are passed down. Besides it's so frustrating to go to the doctor and have him say do you have a history of xyz? And all I can say is don't know, I'm adopted. Yes, I do know it's like opening Pandora's box and may not go the way I had envisioned but if I can at least find out what's coming my way medicaly like alzheimer's etc.. then it will be worth it.

Reply to Thread New Thread