LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-12-2007, 02:23 AM   #1
GalasaKoll

Default Airlines!
All airlines suck.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:30 AM   #2
GlarlraTpople

Reno Air was made of pure awesomeness (as far as budget airlines go), but then American Airlines bought them out and killed it.

Originally posted by LordShiva
All airlines suck. ESPECIALLY American Airlines. They killed the only airline that had direct flights Reno-Chicago at the time at a fair price and decent service. We haven't been home to Chicagoland once since its loss.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
Gscvbhhv

Originally posted by ghen
So American is good except for the fact that they bought out Reno? I'm ok with that What part of

Originally posted by LordShiva
All airlines suck. was confusing to you?

Old 07-12-2007, 02:50 AM   #4
KraskiNetu

Most airlines are doing that now...

You should see if Midwest flies to where you want to go out of Milwaukee. They are a semi budget airline that I think still provides first class type seats throughout the whole plane. And they don't charge for food and soft drinks But maybe they have changed.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:48 AM   #5
Loovikeillilen

Reno Air was made of pure awesomeness Stop. Using. That. Phrase.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:12 AM   #6
KneefeZes

Originally posted by ghen
So what's your favorite airline? Air New Zealand.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:42 AM   #7
Kk21pwa9

For coming into chicago, figure if you're needing OHare or Midway. Midway can be a bit easier to get into the city from, unless you're staying in the suburbs (midway's about 45 minutes train ride from downtown, while is about the same or a bit more but is dirtier and more at risk of 'traffic' at peak times.

Southwest flies into Midway, I imagine Dover would be your best bet unless you're closer to BWI. Shouldn't cost much.

If you are staying in the west or north suburbs, O'Hare is more convenient. In the south or southwest suburbs, Midway is more convenient.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:50 AM   #8
Ebjjrxrd

No I wasnt aware snickers and mars bars were the method of explosion being used now days.
I knew about liquids, that was started up again in august of 2005 when my kids flew home from oregon. The snacks they could take.
I always thought it kind of romantic to take a train, tho i never have, We dont have a lot of amtraks leaving out of san antonio.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:47 AM   #9
WapSaibian

If you had time, a train would be nice. They go WAY scenic though. From Dallas to Salt Lake by way of Chicago or something.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:03 AM   #10
orison

Frontier was sort of fun to Denver. They had cheap DirectTV (free until takeoff, then like $5 for the flight) on the seat backs

Old 07-12-2007, 07:12 AM   #11
Loonakind

Singapore Air. I'm not sure if they have a Deleware-Chicago route, though.

The only US airline I actively avoid is American. Maybe its just my bad luck, but they've been responsible for something going horrendously wrong every time I've traveled with them.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:01 AM   #12
KacypeJeope

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Not really since 9/11. It mostly depends on whether or not you encounter TSA agents who are on total power trips. Some might have common sense, some might force your kids to eat the snacks right then and there or simply throw them away before getting past the security checkpoint. Exploding Snickers bars are all the rage now with terrorists, donchaknow? There was a report in the news some years ago about an over-zealous security drone who forced a mother to drink her own breast milk out of three separate bottles.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...k-security.htm

I don't know what the policy is nowadays, but I generally don't get on flights long enough to require any kind of meal or snack (I'll eat whatever they provide for free, but I'm not going to starve absent an in-flight meal/snack), so it's not a problem I've faced. I take full meals on board all the time. Cheeseburgers, pizza, burritos, etc. It's never a problem if you buy the stuff after you pass through security.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #13
ResuNezily

Originally posted by Jonny
or maybe US Airways if you're flying out of Philly. Useless Airways

Old 07-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #14
Ambrakam

US Air sucks.
MidWest, which I've only flown once or twice, was fine.
American is ok, I guess.
I actually tend to not mind SouthWest...

Since you're going to Chicago, I'd personally recommend trying to fly into Midway instead of O'Hare. It's a much better airport, IMO. Southwest flies there, cheap, out of Baltimore, IIRC.

-Arrian

Reply to Thread New Thread