LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-27-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
GenrieAB

Default Why is white bad?
medium tan- regular outdoor look, but not overdone

Old 04-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
Eunatis

The "healthy look" would partly have to do with how blemishes stand out. With a tan, various darker blemeshes, any moles or freckles, blend in much better. Another aspect is that those who are active, at least in less urban environments, tend to have tans more often than those who are inactive.

---------------

I get rather dark when I tan without sunscreen, which I can do at lower elevations without getting burned. I use sunscreen all the time now though, and it limits how dark I get quite a lot. I still get a "go to the beach everyday look", since I do go to the beach everyday for about half the year, but it has more to do with the sunbleaching of my hair than how dark I get.

Most of my family burns easily.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:46 AM   #3
LxtdK9i4

White shows curves more. A heavier tan person does not look as round as a heavier pale person.

I mentioned clothes, because I would like Dis has noticed that girls in white clothes show off curves more.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:51 AM   #4
treawittelf

White didn't used to be bad. Just go back to Tudor times. Your girlfriend will smear on some nice lead makeup for you.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #5
lrUyiva1

Chicken white, my skins basically got a vampires reaction to the sun

Old 04-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
naturaherbal

Getting a tan hides skin imperfections....but creates so many over the years....

Spec.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #7
CHEAPPoem

I don't mind pale complexions providing there is a flush of colour in the face.

Tans though are bad, and people who tan themselves are foolish, as the sun will prematurely age their skin. In my part of the world there is also a risk of melanomas and skin cancer. Ever since I was young I've equated being out in the sun without a hat and sun protection as being wrong. Shade, anywhere you could find it was always highly desirable. So whenever I've worked outdoors with Brits and northern Europeans, I've always been disgusted at how they seek out the sun.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #8
spklnraz

I work outdoors alot. My arms sometimes get quite dark, despite regular use of SPF30.

White looks bad??

Old 04-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #9
Rategbee

Originally posted by Veritass
Well, I just changed my dressing this morning for the basal cell carcinoma they had to cut out of my leg. ...

That is what happens when you are as white as me, and you spend much of your youth trying to be hip and tanned. I am only 47, but the damage has been done, and I can only hope now to catch as many of them as early as I can. I go to the dermatologist every six months and have him check me head to toe: you never know when one is starting on your scalp.

Wear a hat. Wear sunblock.
My sympathies; cancer sucks. I found tanning helped my acne when I was a teen. Hasn't created a problem for me and I'm only 3 yrs younger. My base skin tone isn't pasty white, but I'm definitely white.

I've known some pasty-white folk of scandinavian ancestry who tanned when younger but have neither cancer problems nor the "leather" look. I suppose there is a susceptibility issue as well as exposure and base tone.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #10
StincPriene

Tanning in the northwest is a sure sign of vanity. The opportunity to actually tan naturually is severely limited therefore anyone who has a tan does it for looks alone.

In the northwest, it also looks hella tacky to have a dark ass tan too because it feels out of place and artificial.

I think tanning looks dumb, is dumb, and find people who tan artificially less attractive than naturally tan people.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:37 PM   #11
BPitt

I think tanning looks dumb, is dumb, and find people who tan artificially less attractive than naturally tan people.

it simply usually looks out of place.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #12
BeaseHoca

I like the people who change color because they eat a lot of vegetables.

JM

Old 04-27-2007, 11:42 PM   #13
steevytraunse

These guys?

Old 04-27-2007, 11:43 PM   #14
sigrekatonov

Originally posted by b etor
seriously. orange people are gross.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:05 AM   #15
Borrinas

white looks bad because it's more translucent, and you can see veins and whatnot. ick

Old 04-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #16
Kayakeenemeds

but 150 years ago it was the other way round... and in China I hear people want to by white, want to be pale.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #17
shieclulaweew

I'm average; never artificially tan and spend averaged probably 2 hours outside a day. But I don't try to naturally tan either - it's there because it just happens, and I have "farmer's tan" (tanned arms and maybe legs, but with typical white chest and other less exposed areas) fairly badly. Not that I care.

I'm a little tougher to burn than most, but nonetheless I wear a hat whenever I'm going to be outside and sunblock if I know I'm going to be out for a full day. Everyone should do at least the same.

Reply to Thread New Thread