LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
uphokyhuP

Default Emergency
Forgive for posting this here if it's not the correct place. I am wondering if anyone knows what to do when someone who is very ill is missing? Is there a better way than others to organize a search, or is just going to the police the best way? Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
Yswxomvy

Police would be my first stop.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
XarokLasa

Where would this be?
Is the person an expat? If so, would be good to notify the Embassy.
Check hospitals, clinics, etc.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
ResuNezily

If the person is a foreigner, also contact their respective embassy. They may be able to give more suggestions.

I believe some radio stations may also be able to make announcements (the smaller ones) in that area.

My heart goes out to you.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
Kemapreedasse

Also ask the motoconchos as they always seem to know what is going on and they can pass the word around.

Matilda

Old 12-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
uphokyhuP

Hi, thank you for your comments. The person is Dominican and is very mentally ill. We need to find her to help her and I am very worried. This person may either be in Bani, Santo Domingo, or The Capital though not sure. All I know is that they were last saw in Bani, the place in which they are from....but many questions/flyers some searches has turned up nothing so we are starting to think they may have gone on a bus to Santo Domingo. I think the father has notified the police but I am not that confident in them. I think I am going to offer a 10,000 pesos reward for anyone who can help me.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
Andrew1978

You could always post a picture up?

Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
PRengine

DR is such a small island. Notify all close & distant relatives, publish a LOST PERSON announcement on local newspapers and t.vs. She will be found in a day.
Good luck!

Old 12-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #9
WoCTrt0X

I don't think it is that small, it will take you 15 hours drive from East to south farther points of the Dominican Republic.

Send an Email to Jose Gutierrez he will post the picture on his TV show.

JoseGutierrezProducciones.com

JJ

Old 12-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #10
kazinopartnerkae

DR is such a small island. Notify all close & distant relatives, publish a LOST PERSON announcement on local newspapers and t.vs. She will be found in a day.
Good luck!
It took alot longer to find apostropheman. She may not be found until she wants to be found. Someone can survive in the DR with very limited resources. Be sure to cut off any resources such as bank cards. I hate to say this, but depending on her age, look for her in areas known for attracting prostitutes. Usually the last resort for living on the street. M I A !!!! Apostropheman

Old 12-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #11
BV6lwvXf

I don't think it is that small, it will take you 15 hours drive from East to south farther points of the Dominican Republic.

Send an Email to Jose Gutierrez he will post the picture on his TV show.

JoseGutierrezProducciones.com

JJ
This is a great suggestion - be sure to contact the TV stations in Santo Domingo, if they get a photo on the news it could help a lot.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #12
uphokyhuP

Thanks for all the comments to date. I will contact the suggested t.v. show tonight. I am still 8 days away from getting there and searching on the ground. I plan to make hundreds of flyers offering a reward and hand them out in puerto plata/sosua, Bani, and Santo Domingo the three most likely places she could be. I also plan to go to the police if her family there havent already. I also want to get her photo on the tv channels but I am not quite sure how to do that...I have some spanish but it is not perfect. Please keep suggestions coming. The more ideas the better....this is a complete emergency and I feel time is of the essence.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #13
jurhoonee

Perhaps you could post a picture here as well. Create a facebook page. Give us some data. Age, weight, etc.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #14
jurhoonee

Just out of curiosity, what is your relationship with this woman? A daughter of a friend? A business associate? Maybe the mother of your child?

Old 12-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #15
uphokyhuP

JD Jones...the facebook idea is good and I will get on to that but iam not sure how to get it out there to Dominicans?? any ideas? The woman is my sigtnificant other and mother of my child. I will be there in a few days to start searching myself. The three areas in which are likely are puertoplata area/ the capital/ and Bani....I am going to swamp these areas with notices to everyone offering a 10,000 pesos reward...hopefully try to get it on television like telemicro and local stations.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
Guloqkcm

Have the family get in tough with Willy Rodriguez on Z101 FM...he can put the announcement on El Gobierno de la Maņana and El Gobierno de la Tarde...they are the two most listened to programs on Dominican Radio...as is Jose Gutierrez in the Cibao on Television...and radio,

Good luck

HB

Old 12-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #17
WoCTrt0X

JD Jones...the facebook idea is good and I will get on to that but iam not sure how to get it out there to Dominicans?? any ideas? The woman is my sigtnificant other and mother of my child. I will be there in a few days to start searching myself. The three areas in which are likely are puertoplata area/ the capital/ and Bani....I am going to swamp these areas with notices to everyone offering a 10,000 pesos reward...hopefully try to get it on television like telemicro and local stations.
Hey!!! Watch out, don't go offering money to everyone as may become the victim of crime....

My suggestion is go to the town and find an experienced taxi driver who have been living in the area for years, they know every is going on in town.

JJ

Old 12-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #18
jurhoonee

Hey!!! Watch out, don't go offering money to everyone as may become the victim of crime....

My suggestion is go to the town and find an experienced taxi driver who have been living in the area for years, they know every is going on in town.

JJ
Good point, Bachata, she may be a lot closer than he thinks.

Without knowing the whole story, it could be she's hiding from the OP with her family's blessings.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #19
uphokyhuP

Hi, I thank everyone for your comments and help. @ JD she is very mentally ill...I know this...I have gone thorugh it before with her. But I just want to say that she was found in some barrio in santo domingo and her father and sister has brought her back to Bani....now we can start working on getting her the help she needs. I am so happy you cant believe it. I have been clear with her family not to let her get out of their sight...I still have about 4 days before I can get there....I am hoping everything is going to work out.....but one thing for sure is not have to do a search and rescue when I get there is the best thing....concentrating on getting her better is much better.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #20
BV6lwvXf

Glad to hear it all worked out philosopher.

Reply to Thread New Thread