LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
dittygari

Default Lady Bird Johnson
AUSTIN, Texas - A quiet woman who once turned down a class valedictorian's medal because she feared public speaking, Lady Bird Johnson found herself pulled suddenly into the public eye as first lady when her husband Lyndon B. Johnson became president amid tragedy.
ADVERTISEMENT

When she died of natural causes at her Austin home Wednesday, at age 94, Mrs. Johnson was remembered as loving and gentle, yet strong in spirit and in her dedication to her family and her passion for nature.

Lady Bird

Old 07-13-2007, 03:00 AM   #2
Loovikeillilen

yep, a grand lady, even if she was a demoncrat watched the announcement on nbc last night and they mentioned her 'real' name but i can never remember it.. she was "Lady Bird" all her life.. and i'm bettin the history books will remember her that way for the rest of time. She had a good head on her shoulders, a lot of common sense, would have made a great president in her own right, just wasn't the right 'time' when she would have been elected.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
dubGucKcolo

Claudia Alta Taylor... I'll always remember you as Lady Bird Johnson.

She was also a staunch environmentalist as well, if you see the wildflowers along the highways of Texas, that's because of her.

Reply to Thread New Thread