LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
Vomephems

Default I´m alcoholic
Yes, I am.

I can´t live without my weekly 6 pints cider. But things are better now what they was on December and January. On Dec & Jan I cannot live without my DAILY 2-6 pints beer/cider.
On Dec 19 I lost my job and then it started. Drinking I mean.
On February I was in detox center one week, and on April I was in open rehab program two weeks.
My english is too poor to tell everything about my drinking but maybe this tells enough

And maybe Mary can tell more to you guys about my drinking.

WARNING! Mary possible have different opinions about my drinking what I have

Old 05-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
Vomephems

And because I`m using lot of medication because I have bibolar disorder, I know i´ts better if I use no alcohol at all.
My medication is:
-Zyprexa 10 mg/day
-Seroquel 600 mg/day
-Deprakine (natrium valproas.) 500 mg/day
-Efexor depot (venlafaxin.) 300 mg/day
-Risolid (chlordiazepoxid.) 25 mg x 3/day

Old 05-05-2007, 03:16 AM   #3
BriKevin

I don't know about any of those drugs. But if they help then take them. Alcohol has ruined many of people and I know a few alcoholics that have absolutly nothing because of their drinking. You have two children now so you need to be thinking about them. Mary must be wonderful to stick by you so I wish you nothing but the best to overcome your addiction.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
Vomephems

Info about Zyprexa: www.zyprexa.com
Info about Seroquel: www.seroquel.com

Old 05-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
Serttyfd

kon, dont know if this will help, but i too am an alcoholic. not as bad as some in that i dont 'have' to drink all the time, but when i would start drinking, i couldnt stop until i passed out. then it would be a few days before i could drink again.. never could handle the hangovers.. *smile*.

but anyway, when i was trying to quit smoking a few years ago, the docs put me on Xanax, which is an anti-depressant they use here in the states to help folks stop smoking.. but it had a side-effect.. i still wanted to smoke like a chimney, BUT.. i lost ALL desire for drinking!!!!!! even though i was only on em for a couple months, to this day, i don't like drinking anymore. I will occasionally have a rum and coke but nothing like i used to do.. now i can stop after just one!!!!! many times i don't even finish the one i make! and i used to drink a case of beer a week.. now i dont even drink a sixpack a year. just have NO desire for it anymore!

maybe u could ask ur doctor about Xanax.. who knows, maybe it would have the same effect on you that it did on me.. there's also another drug we use here in the states (although i never used it) called Anabuse, which will make u horrendously sick if u drink after taking them.. and can be fatal if u drink while on it. it doesn't 'kill' the desire to drink however, u have to have the will to not drink on your own.. sorta a drink and die thing.

good luck sweetie.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #6
Vomephems

I have used Anabuse (Antabus here in Finland) and that have not effect to me. I mean, when I was taken Antabus, I could drink a bottle of whiskey and I was not sick.

And I have used Xanax (Xanor here). But my doctor don´t give it to me anymore. She gave me Risolid (chlordiatsepoxid.). It is benzodiatsepine like Xanax.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
Vomephems

Indications about chlordiazepoxid:
-agitation
-anxiety
-sleeping problems
-delirium tremens
-nervousness headache
-behavior problems

Old 05-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #8
HootSnori

I have a nephew that takes the following drugs every day. If he fails to take them he quickly descends into the twilight zone. His father (my brother) died in 1984 and his mother is a crack head alcoholic so I am his only stable contact. I maintain the list for when a hospital/jail in some town in the USA calls to inform me that he is in custody.

Quote:

Old 05-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #9
Serttyfd

Quote:

Old 05-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #10
BriKevin

Quote:

Old 05-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #11
Vomephems

Quote:

Old 05-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #12
Vomephems

And just now I´m drinking my fifth cider pint.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #13
BriKevin

Quote:

Reply to Thread New Thread