LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
sueplydup

Default Sounds of Spring !
Like clock work , The Coffee Can Crowd is Back .
There are 3 kids (1-15/2-16)that live up my Street who are the epitome of Ricer .
But with that Said ' I was Young once To , I understand , so pipe down .

It's not the Vehicles , too much ....... it's the whole " J.C. Whitney " of it all .

Those Buick Fender Vents , Garbage bag window tint , Graphics kit's , 3M hood scoops ,
huge Mufflers .... bwaaaaaaaa bwaaaaaaa bwaaaaaaa ......
Who knows what they will have Stuck on their cars this year .

The Vehicles in Question are a 90's Sunbird(Convertible) & a 89 Grand Am LE .
& Granted , there isn't much " Tuning " to be had with either one , but come on .
A Coffee can on a 2.3 Quad 4 sounds like .... Total Shit .
Rumor is :
Both of these cars will be getting Turbo'd . So we'll have to see what the Summer
has in store for our Street . I asked them to Bring their cars by after the Turbos get
installed , I can't wait ........ Actually I'll be waiting forever ......because it will never happen . But I've been wrong before .

I will Try to Get some pic's ....... the Grand Am was almost a C.O.M. here once ..

Old 03-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
Wvq9InTM

I have a Buick and even I don't have the buick fender vents!
I did however know someone with a turbo'd 2.3 quad 4 Beretta with a five speed. It was just a 13g turbo, but that was a fun little car! Also, it had no can muffler.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
Kliopeion

HAH... that post made me chuckle.

I had a buddy in high school that swore he was going to turbocharge his Oldsmobile Delta 88. Well, he went as far as rebuilding the engine with low-ish compression pistons (still like 9.X:1) and putting it back together, but gave the exceuse of "I don't want to break in a new motor with the turbos on it" ...WTF????

And so it sits, still slow as balls, while he buys other toys, and what angers me most, is that he used to be a cool kid and was all about domestics, but now is sort of a meat head and is now is into imports like the integra... (his facebook updates are all "shredded the biceps today! LOL" and "can't wait till I get that b22 type R vtec head in my integra, it will increase my torque so much! LOL" )

Old 03-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
Wvq9InTM

Going from 75 torque to 100 torque is a big jump for those guys

Old 03-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
sueplydup

HAH... that post made me chuckle.

I had a buddy in high school that swore he was going to turbocharge his Oldsmobile Delta 88. Well, he went as far as rebuilding the engine with low-ish compression pistons (still like 9.X:1) and putting it back together, but gave the excuse of "I don't want to break in a new motor with the turbos on it" ...WTF????

And so it sits, still slow as balls, while he buys other toys, and what angers me most, is that he used to be a cool kid and was all about domestics, but now is sort of a meat head and is now is into imports like the integra... (his Facebook updates are all "shredded the biceps today! LOL" and "can't wait till I get that b22 type R vtec head in my integra, it will increase my torque so much! LOL" )
Hahahha ...... now you made me laugh ....

They should be home from school soon ....... Then I'll get the power revs as they pass my Driveway .....

Old 03-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #6
Z1IRo4Ap

I get to deal with ricers year round down here. There is an eagle talon who lives in my apartment complex that doesn't have a fart can, but it sounds like absolute ass. I was working on my car the other day and he came over and talked some shit about how neons are slow and blah blah blah. I asked him if he had a massive exhaust leak or a straight pipe and he responded with the following, "It's the stock exhaust but I've made some modifications. I took out this plug thing that was inside my exhaust and now it sounds so badass!" So I asked him if I could take a look. I shit you not, this tard took his O2 sensor out of his exhaust. I can't even imagine what a/f ratios his poor engine gets bombarded with. It's sad to see what he has done to that car because it used to have potential. That was before all of his badass modifications which I am clearly not cool enough to understand of course. LOL

Old 03-17-2011, 02:03 AM   #7
Pdarassenko

I had some tool in a Mazdaspeed3 rev up next to me with my wife and baby in the car. I put down the rear window to point out the Recaro childseat with my son in the back. He just peeled away. Jackass

Old 03-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #8
Uojeyak

I saw a few ricers out today. I love on a busy street and get to hear all these car sounding like the are hauling ass and then its just a crapalier just trying to go the speed limit

Old 03-17-2011, 02:39 AM   #9
UJRonald

Some 16 year olds tried racing me in a POS honduh I would have raced him but had 2 kids in the car and there mom in the passenger seat saying if you do it Ill kick your ass, anyways they revved the piss outta the honduh and could barely squeak the tires, I just laughed and drove away

Old 03-17-2011, 02:41 AM   #10
Kliopeion

I had a bone stock civic revving at me and then "blasted off" (

Old 03-17-2011, 03:17 AM   #11
Wvq9InTM

Everyone always has great ricer stories. Somehow the only people I ever see on the road are old people going 5 under the speed limit. The last time I had a ricer story was almost three years ago when a lowered civic tried getting me to run on the freeway. Needless to say, his car downshifted, made all sorts of noises, and never actually went any faster.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #12
FloareTraurne

Thankfully the kids that had these fartcan wannabe rides are gone near me either the kids got old bought quiet cars or got smart left Hortonville LOL In town its pretty much just me and a 2 neighbor's one has a 73 Mercedes & a 76-80 Vette other has a few muscle cars Javelin, GTO and a 70's Firebird which are garage queens usually the Firebird comes out the others barely see sun. Yesterday was cool are local car hop diner Charlies Place opened up. Tuesday is their free Rootbeer for collector cars so seen a few sweet rides. Only seen a Black with black/chrome lip rims SRT-4 since fall so can't wait to see more SRT-4's out.
Two Challenger SRT-8's were at Charlies that day yep told them of the site after they seen the big decal on my back window.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #13
UJRonald

I was down in your neck of the woods with my SRT bringing it by Jeff to get it reflashed and looks like Ill be making another trip as soon as I get another PCM

Old 03-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #14
sueplydup

I was almost Disappointed that I didn't get a power rev / Neutral Drop after telling you guys about the "Rice Bros" .

But when I Took the Garbage out Tonight the Hood was up on the Grand Am ...... With like 5 Guys Standing Around it & under it ......lol
I wonder if it Died , it didn't sound Very Good last I heard it .

Old 03-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #15
FloareTraurne

I was down in your neck of the woods with my SRT bringing it by Jeff to get it reflashed and looks like Ill be making another trip as soon as I get another PCM
He called me me up last week and I said that someone should be stopping in if he hasn't. Allready did it he said I said cool!! Pretty sure he'll be seeing mine once I get back the ported exhaust manifold figured with me with a wrench the stuff I want done winter will be here surprised the see exhaust hasn't rotted away yet lol I haven't said anything about your comming back for another reflash.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #16
UJRonald

Ill be back there again hopefully soon to get another PCM reflashed looking at getting a S3 PCM found one for a decent price he wants $75 more then a S2 w/toys PCM I found

Old 03-18-2011, 05:34 AM   #17
sueplydup

Okay ? ...... So apparently the Grand Am has a Few " Minor " Issues ...... hahahaha .

It left on a Flatbed this morning .......

The kid who owns it said ' the Winter was too Rough on it . ........ Sure .....
The Exhaust had some leaks so he took it to the Muffler shop up the Street .
When they got it on the Hoist , they immediately had to lower it because it was Sagging so bad .
According to the Kid there was a lot of snapping and Creaking , and Flat chunks of Rust falling out everywhere.

So he's going to Scrap it .......

Wow what a waste of Fuzzy Dice W/ matching Valve stem caps .
The Automotive Community will morn the loss I'm sure ....

I can't wait to see what he gets next ........ Of course I put in my several nominations .
None of which I'm sure he heard . He has Saturn's on the Brain ...... Will these kids ever
listen ....... hell I'd be happy if they would pick up a book or Two and do some Reading .
Then I'm sure a Saturn would not be the Car to mod in his mind then ...... ugh ....

Only Time will tell .......

Old 03-18-2011, 05:40 AM   #18
Wvq9InTM

Okay ? ...... So apparently the Grand Am has a Few " Minor " Issues ...... hahahaha .

It left on a Flatbed this morning .......

The kid who owns it said ' the Winter was too Rough on it . ........ Sure .....
The Exhaust had some leaks so he took it to the Muffler shop up the Street .
When they got it on the Hoist , they immediately had to lower it because it was Sagging so bad .
According to the Kid there was a lot of snapping and Creaking , and Flat chunks of Rust falling out everywhere.

So he's going to Scrap it .......

Wow what a waste of Fuzzy Dice W/ matching Valve stem caps .
The Automotive Community will morn the loss I'm sure ....

I can't wait to see what he gets next ........ Of course I put in my several nominations .
None of which I'm sure he heard . He has Saturn's on the Brain ...... Will these kids ever
listen ....... hell I'd be happy if they would pick up a book or Two and do some Reading .
Then I'm sure a Saturn would not be the Car to mod in his mind then ...... ugh ....

Only Time will tell .......
What's wrong with saturns?
I've seen some pretty bad ass saturns with SBC swaps in them!
And the big turbo/nitrous saturn that was running around Milw for a while.
But I'm guessing those aren't the types of saturns he will buy...

Old 03-18-2011, 06:02 AM   #19
sueplydup

What's wrong with Saturn's?
I've seen some pretty bad ass Saturn's with SBC swaps in them!
And the big turbo/nitrous Saturn that was running around Milw for a while.
But I'm guessing those aren't the types of Saturn's he will buy...
Begging your Pardon , What I should have said was ' He couldn't afford to build a Saturn properly .
I know it's Quite a Stormer in the Redline W/ the GM S2 package ..... 248hp or something .

But he has , how should I put it ?

In kindest terms , limited recourses , adolescent attitude , and Automotive Retardation .

This kid , (you don't know) drove around with a Blue chrome fire extinguisher on his Drivers side A-pillar .
In a Grand Am ? I forget that everyone doesn't know the complete history of the Rice Bros .

Again , nothing Against Saturn's ....... when done Right that is . hahaha .

Old 03-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #20
Wvq9InTM

You should hope he gets a Redline. Imagine the show you'd get when he realizes he can gain 100hp with a pulley swap but never upgrades the supporting mods. BANG! Ecotec parts flying everywhere! It would be entertaining to say the least. Although a SC2 with a can muffler and cut springs will still make me laugh either way. Keep us updated on the next ricermobile!

Reply to Thread New Thread