LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-29-2006, 02:18 AM   #1
MannyLopez

Default Check this out! And help me.
Disclaimer: It's for my personal usage only (since I worked on this project, and I want some feedback).

Slovenian national turist board produced some promotional clips for the country that will be aired on CNN International (short ones only).
Please look at the all 5 clips here - it will take only 6 minutes (or at least concentrate on the 2nd and 3rd clip - 1 min one & 30 sec one!):

http://www.slovenia-tourism.si/?_ctg_video=0&lng=2

I need some feedback from the foreigners (you guys ).
I need you to answer the following questions:
1. Do you like the clips (visual & audio & text)? Any particular reason why / why not?
2. Do you understand the main message ("Slovenia: A diversity to discover.")? If not, why not?
3. What do you think of the main message - what does it communicate to you?
4. What first impression did you get about the country looking at the clips?
5. Are the clips persuasive / interesting / appealing enough to lead you to make additional inquiries about the country / turist destination?
6. Would you visit this country if you had a chance?
I need as many responses as possible.
Thank you very much in advance. Your participation will be fully appreciated.

PS: If not a secret please specify your sex (M/F), age, and country you are from. This info is optional of course.

Modified by enit at 4:55 AM 4/29/2006

Old 04-29-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
QzVyZbTg

Whoa. Even though I briefly viewed the clips, it gave me a very good impression of the country. You've made the country look absolutely beautiful (which I've heard it is) and I would definitely like to visit it in the near future. You can get my personal info in my profile.

Old 04-30-2006, 03:11 AM   #3
esconsise

It's OK but I think the music has got to go. Add a lady taking about it in the back ground. You kinda get more questions than answers at the end of the clip wich is not good. Add more vocal info.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:16 AM   #4
Alupleintilla

1. Yes, I'm very impressed and some of the shots have loads of emotion (especially the solitary ones). I must disagree with Cozz in the fact that I'm a fan of the music, of which I expect the singer is Slovenian. I have two issues, however, that you'd might like to hear, and because my father works in advertising, I've seen plenty of his ads.
- I think the glowing squiggles that pass the screen happen too often (at least on the 4 minute version. I'm not sure where you'd show the 4 minute one (I'd assume on airline broadcasts), but the 'squiggle' got tiring and monotonous.
- Most of the shots focus on the arts or rural life. A big-draw card of eastern-european states (I hear) is the booming nightlife. Perhaps scenes involving those of a younger generation in urban areas would be drawn by more lively activities.
- It was very slow, in all scenes, and perhaps that relates to my comment above.
- One of the shots in the Bled ad copies the hand-on-wheat shots in Dances With Wolves and Gladiator.
2. Yes. The shots exude a variety of peoples and lifestyles, which illustrate the 'variety' of the nation, with the exception of celebratory urban scenes.
3. It tells me of the great variety of culture to experience in Slovenia.
4. The shots look like they were mostly taken in the afternoon; in coloured light. This gives a slow aura, and takes away from the 'diversity' of the ads, but definitely ads scores of beauty.
5. Yes.
6. Yes, very much so. I'd probably aim to travel to rural areas, as I don't know alot about Slovenian night-activites in urban places (bar the awesome architecture). And Bled. Wow!
<B>Something I cannot recommend the tourism ads for New Zealand enough. I get shivers everytime I see these ads, and we know of people who have serially visited NZ because of these ads. NZ Ad
I'm a male, 16 and live in Australia.

Old 04-30-2006, 05:32 AM   #5
Imagimifouxum

1. Everything but that STUPID ORANGE WAVE. It triggered my obsessive-compulsive urge. I love the music, so calming. I love the scenery, it's beautiful.
2. I totally get the message.
3. It communicates that Slovenia is pretty and has plenty of culture and entertainment to offer.
4. My first impression is that Slovenia likes orange wave moving across the screen. Seriously.
5. I'm intrugued, but that's just because I'm easily intrigued. I'm not about to go research more, but that's just because I'm lazy.
6. I'd love to go.
17 yrs., M, USA (legally) and Taiwan (mentally)

You know what country's ads are enticing? Swizterland. The one that they were airing about two weeks ago on CNN. Hahaha they were showing it every commercial break. I bet all the girls and gay men all over the world want to go to Switzerland now.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:54 PM   #6
ThzinChang

1: I think this clip is very good. But it seems to show that Slovenia is a rural area and many tourists wont be attracted to that. I have a Slovenian friend and he says Slovenia aint just a rural place. It would be better if there was some urban scenerys included. That orange wave becomes very repetitive and it would be better if it only showed when the phrase "Slovenia, A diversity to discover". Overall it explained Slovenia quite good.
2- I get the point that Slovenia is a diversity to discover yet it doesnt seem to show that Slovenia IS a diverse place. And as geary said, add some nightlife scenes and stuff that shows people actually enjoying and maybe you could incorporate a group of friends laughing with each other at a city street and not always put people alone.
3- Well by all the text and images, it shows me that Slovenia is a pretty rural country and mainly tourists who like to relax in rural places would go. Add some fun to it like maybe if there's an annual festival there, you could show it and show people having fun.
4- As I pointed out above, my first impressions show Slovenia as a rural place and mostly the attractions are the water or the snow.
5- I would of course be interested in Slovenia by your video. Never got a chance to know Slovenia all in 6 minutes. But I know Slovenia got more to offer than that.
6- I wish I could travel all around the world and Slovenia would be in the top 20 especially with the persuasion of your video.
Male, 12 (grade 6), Toronto, Canada (born and bred Seoul, South Korea)

Reply to Thread New Thread