LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
ppfpooghn

Default Bought a new car, Split with my Girlfriend....
My girlfriend just split with me, via msn about 20 minutes ago, apparently we're too different and have nothing in common, which I guess was true, but it doesn't make the pain any easier to bear as I loved her to bits, but I guess there is no going back, and what's done is done !!

Met her on 16th Dec last year on a dating website, we got on great, over msn and against my better judgement, when we met and several weeks later she asked me to move in with her, I did, well I moved out last week, tbh, into a place that is much, much better than my old flat, and its only 4 miles from work too.

We were both working nights and only time we saw each other was in bed every morning, I guess, it was never going to work if we only ever saw each other then and never went out together, when she was off I was working and visa-versa.

Anyway, its over and its best I move on.
Be a bit raw for the next few months, but my heart will heal, eventually !!

Anyway, last week or so, I've had a bit of toothache, chipped a bottom tooth and Sunday morning woke up to a chin like a cross between "desperate dan and jimmy hill".... lol.

Bloody big abscess in the bottom of my chin and jaw, so off to A & E last night and got some antibiotics, so hopefully in a week the abscess will be gone and I can get to a dentist and get my tooth/teeth sorted.

My car also failed its MOT on Friday, 11th, corrosion mostly around the front subframe mountings and suspension components.

So I was looking around for another car, cos the Pug 306 was a bit dodgy to drive to work, for one it would be driven illegally and for two, it had a leak from the steering pump, so a total loss of fluid might be bad, i.e. loss of control on a corner, stuffed into wall, type scenario.

So anyway, saw a renault megane in the local paper, went to see it on saturday, and it was a scenic, a MPV type thing with a lot of rust on the rear arches, guy wanted £400 for it, not too keen tbh.

So anyway, next to the scenic was a 2002 Ford Mondeo Ghia TDCi, Immaculate condition, Inside and out, used as a Taxi, regularly serviced, and had a refurbished engine with 70K on it, fitted 2 months ago (or so), But the clock read 199,930 miles.

So he wanted £650 for it, but after a test drive, my dad, who I'd got to pick me up and take me to see the car, said the clutch felt like it was on the way out, but could last another year if I was careful with it, so anyway, I thought I'd be cheeky and offered the guy £400 in cash and he took it. [thumbup]

Anyway, car wouldn't start yesterday morning, flat battery, so got a new one, £92 and the car is now running perfect.
Hell of a step up from the 306, like chalk and cheese tbh, like going from a go-kart to a rolls royce, the Mondeo is electric everything, hell of a spec, and goes like sh*t off a shovel too, went upto my dad's today, 140 mile round trip and managed an average of 54.5 mpg, keeping it below 70mph all the way.

My dad, even checked on ebay and said the same model with a mileage of 70K sells for just under £4K, so I paid a tenth of that, Brilliant.

Anyway, couple pictures for you....

Had to obscure the background out of one, cos of where I work.

Probably not to everyone's taste and would be miles better in Black or Silver, but I have to keep pinching myself, cos I can't believe its mine.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
unishisse

My girlfriend just split with me, via msn about 20 minutes ago, apparently we're too different and have nothing in common, which I guess was true, but it doesn't make the pain any easier to bear as I loved her to bits, but I guess there is no going back, and what's done is done !!

Met her on 16th Dec last year on a dating website, we got on great, over msn and against my better judgement, when we met and several weeks later she asked me to move in with her, I did, well I moved out last week, tbh, into a place that is much, much better than my old flat, and its only 4 miles from work too.

We were both working nights and only time we saw each other was in bed every morning, I guess, it was never going to work if we only ever saw each other then and never went out together, when she was off I was working and visa-versa.

Anyway, its over and its best I move on.
Be a bit raw for the next few months, but my heart will heal, eventually !!

Anyway, last week or so, I've had a bit of toothache, chipped a bottom tooth and Sunday morning woke up to a chin like a cross between "desperate dan and jimmy hill".... lol.

Bloody big abscess in the bottom of my chin and jaw, so off to A & E last night and got some antibiotics, so hopefully in a week the abscess will be gone and I can get to a dentist and get my tooth/teeth sorted.

My car also failed its MOT on Friday, 11th, corrosion mostly around the front subframe mountings and suspension components.

So I was looking around for another car, cos the Pug 306 was a bit dodgy to drive to work, for one it would be driven illegally and for two, it had a leak from the steering pump, so a total loss of fluid might be bad, i.e. loss of control on a corner, stuffed into wall, type scenario.

So anyway, saw a renault megane in the local paper, went to see it on saturday, and it was a scenic, a MPV type thing with a lot of rust on the rear arches, guy wanted £400 for it, not too keen tbh.

So anyway, next to the scenic was a 2002 Ford Mondeo Ghia TDCi, Immaculate condition, Inside and out, used as a Taxi, regularly serviced, and had a refurbished engine with 70K on it, fitted 2 months ago (or so), But the clock read 199,930 miles.

So he wanted £650 for it, but after a test drive, my dad, who I'd got to pick me up and take me to see the car, said the clutch felt like it was on the way out, but could last another year if I was careful with it, so anyway, I thought I'd be cheeky and offered the guy £400 in cash and he took it. [thumbup]

Anyway, car wouldn't start yesterday morning, flat battery, so got a new one, £92 and the car is now running perfect.
Hell of a step up from the 306, like chalk and cheese tbh, like going from a go-kart to a rolls royce, the Mondeo is electric everything, hell of a spec, and goes like sh*t off a shovel too, went upto my dad's today, 140 mile round trip and managed an average of 54.5 mpg, keeping it below 70mph all the way.

My dad, even checked on ebay and said the same model with a mileage of 70K sells for just under £4K, so I paid a tenth of that, Brilliant.

Anyway, couple pictures for you....

Had to obscure the background out of one, cos of where I work.

Probably not to everyone's taste and would be miles better in Black or Silver, but I have to keep pinching myself, cos I can't believe its mine.
Gratz on the car,and just remember,women are more trouble than they're worth to keep.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
VomsVomaMew

are you the one with the bad teeth and never smile for a century?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Imampaictjg

Soulmate to split-up in 3 months? [shocked] Sad times though mate, feel for ya. Gratz on the car

Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
ppfpooghn

are you the one with the bad teeth and never smile for a century?
Yeah! And never smile, that's correct.
Hoping to get my teeth sorted soon though, getting a referral to a good dentist through my doctor.
Makes me wonder why I bother paying my f*cking taxes, when I can't even see a dentist or get registered with one.

Soulmate to split-up in 3 months? [shocked] Sad times though mate, feel for ya. Gratz on the car
Yeah! weird, I know.
Was going ok, but she thought differently.
Nevermind, just one of those things.
Put it down to experience and get on with my life.
Sh*t Happens and all that.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
SkapySisy

DMNIT, don't people have enough respect for each other to tell people face to face, rather than the cowardly text, facebook or PMS message?
Sorry to hear about the breakup but, TBH, it seems the more people are hyped up over a new relationship, the more doomed it is to failure as any differences are that more significant.
Regarding the car, seems like a good deal but surprised it was a manual taxi - auto's are more efficient in town, as a general rule. If the clutch is a bit suspect, start putting a bit aside each week, so when it does fail it won't be such a financial blow.
Did you get ride of the old one at a wreckers or sell it on?

Old 03-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
Pharmaciest

So you traded up?

Old 03-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
Mboxmaja

Broke up with you over msn? Real classy lady you had there...

Old 03-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
ppfpooghn

DMNIT, don't people have enough respect for each other to tell people face to face, rather than the cowardly text, facebook or PMS message?
Sorry to hear about the breakup but, TBH, it seems the more people are hyped up over a new relationship, the more doomed it is to failure as any differences are that more significant.
Regarding the car, seems like a good deal but surprised it was a manual taxi - auto's are more efficient in town, as a general rule. If the clutch is a bit suspect, start putting a bit aside each week, so when it does fail it won't be such a financial blow.
Did you get ride of the old one at a wreckers or sell it on?
Old car is being sold to a friend of the ex girlfriends, I said he could have it for £200 cash, although had I had somewhere to park it and strip it for bits, I could have got £400 for the bits, then scrapped the car for an extra £90.
But as it is, had nowhere to put the car to strip it, no where to store the bits (twin exit SS exhaust, Full Half leather interior, lights and 4 alloys with good tyres), So thought I might as well take the cash, as it will pay for my tax at the end of the month and the tax runs out on the pug 306 on the 31st march, so storing it on the public road carries the risk of having it seized and crushed.
Nevermind, £200 is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. [yes]

So you traded up?
Hell of a trade up, the pug 306 was basic as f*ck, power steering and that was it.
You wanted Air conditioning, you wind down the window.
To give it its due's though, the engine which had hit 214K never missed a beat in the 6 years I owned the car. Solid as a Rock !! And I thrashed it.

Broke up with you over msn? Real classy lady you had there...
She said she couldn't face me, because she knew seeing the hurt on my face would "kill her".

Nevermind, its her loss, I treated her the only way I knew how, with Love and Respect, but I guess after being married to an Abusive Alcoholic for the last 20 years (she's now separated for the last 18 months or so), I guess she was not used to being treated so well, and me being too Nice to her, was too much, too soon.

Best to just move on and like I said, put it down to experience.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #10
Ifroham4

Lovely cars, I had one for several years [yes]

Old 03-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #11
Rufio

Nice motor. If I was buying my own car I'd probably get a Mondeo. Pound for pound they are the best real world motors out there.

Got any pics of the interior? I'm curious to see how it's held up to two spins of the numbers.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
Tyncneiff

It's a shame, but as you've explained things, it's probably for the best.

Hope the car hold's out as well. If that's the original clutch, then it hasn't done too badly.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #13
XinordiX

Sorry to hear about your gf Snoop, you should message her back and say; "Ok, fair enough, never mind, on the plus side i got a new car today!" [thumbup]

Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
RaicickKida

So you had pretty regular weekend.

j/k

Congrats on the car and shame about the lady stuff...

Old 03-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #15
HowardtheDuck

Hang in there champ, still a few rounds to go.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #16
Appeselve

She will want you back later on, but take your time and meet someone who is worth to keep.

Cars are like women, you can always find better unless you settle for crap.

what a crappy way to split, i hate cowardly acts like that.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #17
ppfpooghn

Yeah! well I'm pleased with the car, so I'm just gonna forget about the "ladies" for a while and hammer my shifts in work, see if I can save up a few thousand, get the clutch sorted and then have some savings to fall back on if anything else goes.

I believe everything happens for a reason though, and only some good can come out of this eventually. [thumbup]

Old 03-16-2011, 01:08 AM   #18
JRixlcvF

Finally you are broken up so I can say this,

Dude, she was ugly as a troll.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:08 AM   #19
baronaaba

Yeah! well I'm pleased with the car, so I'm just gonna forget about the "ladies" for a while and hammer my shifts in work, see if I can save up a few thousand, get the clutch sorted and then have some savings to fall back on if anything else goes.

I believe everything happens for a reason though, and only some good can come out of this eventually. [thumbup]
**** saving for the car. Men your age head to Thailand.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #20
XinordiX

**** saving for the car. Men your age head to Thailand.
I have an older friend who's marriage recently broke down, and that's exactly where he and some of his work friends are going this summer, he also sold his beemer and bought a motorbike, dudes living it up, never seen him happier. [rofl]

Reply to Thread New Thread