LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-15-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
ValdisSeroff

Default good sunglasses?
I just got lasik done this week, and now I need some comfortable sunglasses to wear now that I wont have my pesky (and UV blocking) glasses or contacts on my face anymore. What should I be looking for?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:33 AM   #2
HaroTaure

I just got lasik done this week, and now I need some comfortable sunglasses to wear now that I wont have my pesky (and UV blocking) glasses or contacts on my face anymore. What should I be looking for?
$15 at any drug store will buy you a pair of 100% UV, polarized sunglasses.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:43 AM   #3
kuklame

http://www.oakley.com/elite/csix

I like the Carbon Fiber / Tungsten Iridium Polarized.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:56 AM   #4
Preorbtat

http://www.oakley.com/elite/csix

I like the Carbon Fiber / Tungsten Iridium Polarized.
Do like the materials, don't like the look of the glasses

Old 08-15-2010, 02:21 AM   #5
allvideO

these are the best fitting glassed ive ever had:

http://www.amazon.com/Spy-Dirty-Sung.../dp/B003D9DSD6

unfortunately i did not realize that was dale jrs autograph on the inside till i got them home but i fell in love with them when i saw them.
________
health shop

Old 08-15-2010, 03:56 AM   #6
SueveDobe

classic look, never goes out of style:

http://www.amazon.com/Ray-Ban-RB2132...1815692&sr=1-7

Old 08-15-2010, 04:00 AM   #7
DrKirkNoliss

Old 08-15-2010, 05:03 AM   #8
ballerturfali

My Personal Opinion.

Ray-bans - Excellent quality sunglasses, Had mine for over 2 years now with barely a scratch on them. And I'm not gentle with em. Definitely worth the money I paid.

Oakly's - Overpriced crap. Lens's scratched way to easy. The rubberized trim on the frame curled after a short while and looked bad. I would not recommend them.

Maui Jims - Kinda pricey, but better value then the Oakleys.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:30 AM   #9
Preorbtat

Maui Jims
a quote from their website mad me think :

Patented and color-infused, PolarizedPlus®2 technology wipes out 99.9% of glare to reveal true, vibrant color and a cleaner, crisper view. With glare gone, your eyes stay fresh. So you can enjoy your game even more. Wearing them is like bloom=false in BC2?

As for Ray Ban, the Aviator is also available in titanium

Old 08-15-2010, 05:39 AM   #10
kuklame

My Personal Opinion.

Ray-bans - Excellent quality sunglasses, Had mine for over 2 years now with barely a scratch on them. And I'm not gentle with em. Definitely worth the money I paid.

Oakly's - Overpriced crap. Lens's scratched way to easy. The rubberized trim on the frame curled after a short while and looked bad. I would not recommend them.

Standard Oakleys are crap but those csix ones are insanely good quality but $4k (seen them in the Oakley store).

I have these RB 8301 with Gunmetal Polarized lens.

I like the carbon fiber and the lens is not too dark for more use when its not so bright out but twilight low sun in your eyes conditions.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:18 AM   #11
avodeinst

best sungrasses on the pranet, rearry:

Old 08-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #12
JanetMorris

My Personal Opinion.

Totally agree. My Ray-ban sunglasses are awesome. My brother-in-law has polarised Oakley's and I can't work out why they cost twice the price.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #13
SueveDobe

i always thought Oakley's were decent quality, but I don't like the style of 99% of their glasses. In the US they seem kinda redneck sometimes.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #14
hauptdaunnila

My Personal Opinion.

Kinda funny how Ray-Ban and Oakley (along with probably more than half of the higher end brands) are made by the same company. [rofl]

Old 08-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #15
QwOpHGyZ

You need to chose the sunglasses that best suit the shape of your face, regardless of the brand.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #16
ballerturfali

Kinda funny how Ray-Ban and Oakley (along with probably more than half of the higher end brands) are made by the same company. [rofl]
Doesn't change my opinion of the brands one bit.

A lot of tool makers have multiple lines of tools. They have their premium brands and their budget brands. The point is that just because two brands may come from the same company, does not mean the brands are of the same quality.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #17
Mark_NyB

Budget? May be better to get several cheaper pairs for different circumstances/clothing.

Remember cool shades or cheap sunglasses ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WTl...eature=related

Old 08-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #18
JanetMorris

Trust me on this, that means nothing. We get all sorts of stuff manufactured and generally use the same supplier. Each job is treated as a separate entity with its own budget. You get what you pay for. If Oakley have a price point of £30 and ray-ban a price point of £31 then the latter will have far higher quality.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
Mark_NyB

Trust me on this, that means nothing. We get all sorts of stuff manufactured and generally use the same supplier. Each job is treated as a separate entity with its own budget. You get what you pay for. If Oakley have a price point of £30 and ray-ban a price point of £31 then the latter will have far higher quality.
Or they have a better advertising budget - yes, I am cynical!

Old 08-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #20
JanetMorris

Or they have a better advertising budget - yes, I am cynical!
lol, well the two are completely interlinked. The more they spend on advertising, the more they can spend on manufacturing.

Reply to Thread New Thread