LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Flerdourdyged

Default Amazing service from Logitech
I bought a set of Logitech 5.1 X-530 speakers two days ago but during setup the front right speaker fell and slightly damaged the fabric on the grill

So I decided to contact Logitech via their website to see if I could perhaps buy a replacement grill as it was my fault.

All they asked for was the serial number, my address and a scanned receipt. A few hours after I gave them what they asked I had an email saying the replacement would be sent no problem.

Just received an UPS email stating the weight of the package to be 7.3kgs and will be delivered by the 31st Dec.

All I asked for was a grill and they sent me an entire new set of 5.1 speaker for free!

Now that's service [thumbup]

Old 12-29-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
ExelePlavisseu

Logitech is great, back when my MX700 died like 2 weeks before the warranty ran out i contacted them and instead of having me send everything in etc for repairs, blabla after a call on the phone and a email with receipt they sent me a brand new MX1000 for free

Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
Flerdourdyged

Did have a replacement MX Revolution mouse of them a while back because the wheel was a little stiff after a year of heavy use, within two days they sent a brand new replacement out while getting to keep my old one.

For replacements Logitech has been the fastest company I have dealt with.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:31 AM   #4
UpperMan

Similar story here. I bought an older set of Z-5500s second hand and they popped whenever someone switched on a light in the house, cheekily asked Logitech and they sent me a brand new set within the week on the condition I smashed up the old set....

Old 12-30-2009, 03:46 AM   #5
Adwetyren

Similar story here. I bought an older set of Z-5500s second hand and they popped whenever someone switched on a light in the house, cheekily asked Logitech and they sent me a brand new set within the week on the condition I smashed up the old set....
Any ideas what causes this popping anyone? I have a set of Bose Acoustimass 3 speakers in my kitchen linked up to an old Arcam amplifier (before anyone sticks their oar in, I know Bose aren't great, nor the best buy, nor the way forward for world peace but they were free and they work and it's my kitchen not a high fidelity listening room) which pop whenever a light it turned on. Only the lights under the counters though, the main lights don't cause it. The main lights are LED but the under counter ones are normal bulbs.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:52 AM   #6
Phywhewashect

Any ideas what causes this popping anyone? I have a set of Bose Acoustimass 3 speakers in my kitchen linked up to an old Arcam amplifier (before anyone sticks their oar in, I know Bose aren't great, nor the best buy, nor the way forward for world peace but they were free and they work and it's my kitchen not a high fidelity listening room) which pop whenever a light it turned on. Only the lights under the counters though, the main lights don't cause it. The main lights are LED but the under counter ones are normal bulbs.
power surge or bad wiring in the speakers i would think
________
Lincoln MKS picture

Old 12-30-2009, 03:54 AM   #7
Adwetyren

Hmm, that could be annoying as it's a brand new kitchen and has just been tiled.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #8
marketheal

Logitech are great indeed.

Products are good and their customer service is amazing.

Bloody hell... I wish I could buy a Logitech house!

Old 12-30-2009, 04:04 AM   #9
ExelePlavisseu

Logitech are great indeed.

Products are good and their customer service is amazing.

Bloody hell... I wish I could buy a Logitech house!
indeed indeed, i wish i could have sex with a Logitech employee (female)

o.k that wasn´t as good as the house gag.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:08 AM   #10
UpperMan

Yeah I don't know the cause of the problem (the older revision of the 5500s would *pop* at the level the volume was at so at times it would be deafening) Logitech changed something in the newer sets and if/when it happens your head will not explode.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:15 AM   #11
Beerinkol

Similar story here as well - I bought a Logitech Wave. Very nice keyboard, but there were one or two sticking keys (number 2 and the right key). I thought I could live with it, but after 6 months I got fed up, so I called Logitech. They sent me an e-mail asking for two pictures of my product - the serial on the back and a photo of the keyboard itself. Replied to the e-mail, then they gave me shipping details of a brand new keyboard replacement. 2 days later, a BNIB Logitech Wave keyboard, and the difference this one feels out of the box compared to the old one is incredible. Never had a single sticking key yet.

I thought Apple's service was actually very good when I got my first generation ipod nano replaced, but Logitech didn't even ask me to send the original keyboard in. Couldn't be happier. [thumbup]

Old 12-30-2009, 04:30 AM   #12
Theateetetuig

They have a bit of markup on the cost of their high end products, this is how they can afford to send you great stuff through warranty.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:53 AM   #13
hopertveyk

Logitech is not always the cheapest option, but its the quality and after sales service that make it an all round better deal

Old 12-30-2009, 04:57 AM   #14
Stappipsy

I bought a set of Logitech 5.1 X-530 speakers two days ago but during setup the front right speaker fell and slightly damaged the fabric on the grill

So I decided to contact Logitech via their website to see if I could perhaps buy a replacement grill as it was my fault.

All they asked for was the serial number, my address and a scanned receipt. A few hours after I gave them what they asked I had an email saying the replacement would be sent no problem.

Just received an UPS email stating the weight of the package to be 7.3kgs and will be delivered by the 31st Dec.

All I asked for was a grill and they sent me an entire new set of 5.1 speaker for free!

Now that's service [thumbup]
yep and I bet you'll flog it on ebay and make money off the back of your own damaging of the speaker system.......

makes my blood boil... grr "angry"

Old 12-30-2009, 04:58 AM   #15
Adwetyren

They have a bit of markup on the cost of their high end products, this is how they can afford to send you great stuff through warranty.
You're telling me! I very much doubt their £300 speakers cost any more than £40 to £50 to produce. Add on another £100 for shipping, marketing and advertising and you've still got a massive markup attached.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:12 AM   #16
grizolsemn

So you are saying you didn't have to send in a the controller pod to get a new set? I need a controller pod for a set of z-5500's but they have to be the old style controller with the rca wires not the speaker terminals.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:17 AM   #17
UpperMan

No, they gave me the choice of sending it in with the remote or proof of the destroyed old set.

I just sent them a picture and they posted a new set.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:45 AM   #18
sttrqiss

I had a faulty MX518, they gave me some help but no go, I knew it was buggered anyway but I humoured them.

They sent me a new one (an updated version), and asked me to snip off the end of the cord and post it to them, I actually was going to but I errr... forgot

Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #19
Flerdourdyged

yep and I bet you'll flog it on ebay and make money off the back of your own damaging of the speaker system.......

makes my blood boil... grr "angry"
Can't help they sent me a free replacement, just wanted info on how to buy a new grill. Will be keeping the new speakers as spares and just swap the grill over.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #20
ycMC0PLg

They have the best customer service of all PC related goods.

Reply to Thread New Thread