LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
gogoleanylinkfo

Default So I met this girl last night...
...in a bar. She was totally hot, demure in dress with green eyes and ravishing auburn hair.

She came over to say hello as I was sat by the bar by myself. She asked if I wanted to buy her a drink, so I obliged. She had good taste, only drinking champagne and premier crus; I grabbed them on my tab.

So when it came to settling up, she said she didn't have her purse and she had to go and meet a friend. I am pretty flush so I footed the bill, and she took my number saying that she wanted to meet up again this weekend and she would sort me out a few drinks to say thank you.

I am totally stoked. She sent me a text with a smiley face on it, though she doesn't answer when I call, so I reckon she's playing hard to get.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
GEAntonio

This sounds like a book.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
NutChusty

This sounds like a book.
Sounds like a joke.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
Kghyutgykim

Sounds like you got took.
________
V50

Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
tretcheenia

Your in a similar situation to me. I walked passed a massage parlour last week and there was a girl outside who smiled at me as I walked past.

My friends laughed and said she was just looking for punters, whatever that means, but that smile looked pretty genuine to me. I want to take it slow, so I've put a deposit down on an engagement ring and booked off two weeks in March next year for our honeymoon.

I'm going to visit her tomorrow, I had to book an appointment to see her and pay a £50 advance which seemed strange, but I can't wait to meet my future wife.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #6
nofkayalk

Ok, now, I know less about women than... probably anyone (check here for proof of this statement). But the one thing that I have experienced so many times is the girls that use a text-only communication medium.

The number of these types of chicks is increasing rapidly. They will text you smiley faces and ridiculous nuances like, "i am eatin popcorn". Then when you conjure up enough patience to reply to such retardation, THEY DO NOT REPLY BACK.

You can call and even leave a voicemail and they will just text back. I believe it is a confidence thing. There does not see to be a rule about responding to text messages like there is to phone calls, so if they text you and you ignore it, they do not feel that same rejection they would with a phone call.

My experience with these types of girls (not women... girls) has almost always lead to some interesting conclusion. For example, one chick did not want to talk on the phone because she had two children. Another example is a chick with a boyfriend.

But in ALL cases, do NOT feel like you are the only one getting the smiley faces and text message attention. Do not get stoked. A girl like that probably has not bought a drink for herself in a long while. You are probably just another guy that she met at a bar and bought her drinks.

Text messages are heartless and almost always content-less. Keep her on the back burner, do not come at her too hard. She probably has 30 dudes trying to accomplish the same thing you are, and most of them are probably coming on too strong. Do not be one of those.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
Lhtfajba

To me that looked like a copy and paste from somewhere.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #8
Imalaycle

She's definately got game.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
gogoleanylinkfo

Nah, the smiley face means she's in to me. She was talking to me all night until she left, and we were pretty drunk then too. She was smiling all the time and she even kissed me on the cheek when she left.

sionyboy, let me know how your date goes. Sounds awesome. I had the same happen to me in Thailand but I had to come home as it was only a holiday, she wasn't that hot either, but after I paid for my massage, she gave me "extras" for free.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #10
nofkayalk

Nah, the smiley face means she's in to me..

Good luck

Old 10-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #11
Cabinanteerip

Am I the only one who thinks this is all some kind of joke?

Old 10-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #12
tretcheenia

sionyboy, let me know how your date goes. Sounds awesome. I had the same happen to me in Thailand but I had to come home as it was only a holiday, she wasn't that hot either, but after I paid for my massage, she gave me "extras" for free.

That was actually based on a true story, whilst I was in uni a friend of mine came back home looking pretty chuffed with himself. He said he had walked past the massage parlour that was close to campus and a girl outside smiled at him as he walked past. I told him it was a glorified brothel (which the darkened windows probably should have gave away) and she was simply looking for punters, but he was insistent the smile was genuine and he thought there was a definite spark there.

I ended the conversation and went back to watching Neighbours, he walked off thinking he was king of the world. [no]

Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 PM   #13
NutChusty

Sounds like a joke.
Am I the only one who thinks this is all some kind of joke?
I think SnW is with you on this.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #14
pprropeciaaa

...in a bar. She was totally hot, demure in dress with green eyes and ravishing auburn hair.

She came over to say hello as I was sat by the bar by myself. She asked if I wanted to buy her a drink, so I obliged. She had good taste, only drinking champagne and premier crus; I grabbed them on my tab.

So when it came to settling up, she said she didn't have her purse and she had to go and meet a friend. I am pretty flush so I footed the bill, and she took my number saying that she wanted to meet up again this weekend and she would sort me out a few drinks to say thank you.

I am totally stoked. She sent me a text with a smiley face on it, though she doesn't answer when I call, so I reckon she's playing hard to get.
Im afraid, my freind, youve been taken for a "ride." Unfortunately/fortunately the ride ended with you paying the tab and you two going your seperate ways. the ride could have ended with you waking up in the morning after being with her only to find your wallet missing, or even worse a complete stalker.

She got her way, and you got a good feeling. Good for you, but if I were you I would count myself lucky and forget about her. Women like that go for "guys who sit alone at the bar" for two things: Free drinks, or someone to make her feel like something she is not.

Edit: for future reference- Make sure the girl was buying her own drinks before you jump on, second make sure you get her number and after entering it "accidently" dial it, which to your "surprise" will result in the phone ringing in her hand or her purse. This will ensure she isnt a freeloader and that youve got the correct digits. sometimes youve got to be a bit aggressive to show that you wont be taken for a fool.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #15
shenacatro

Im afraid, my freind, youve been taken for a "ride." Unfortunately/fortunately the ride ended with you paying the tab and you two going your seperate ways. the ride could have ended with you waking up in the morning after being with her only to find your wallet missing, or even worse a complete stalker.

She got her way, and you got a good feeling. Good for you, but if I were you I would count myself lucky and forget about her. Women like that go for "guys who sit alone at the bar" for two things: Free drinks, or someone to make her feel like something she is not.

Edit: for future reference- Make sure the girl was buying her own drinks before you jump on, second make sure you get her number and after entering it "accidently" dial it, which to your "surprise" will result in the phone ringing in her hand or her purse. This will ensure she isnt a freeloader and that youve got the correct digits. sometimes youve got to be a bit aggressive to show that you wont be taken for a fool.
Im afriand, my friend you failed to see that this was a joke!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #16
Intiltern

I knew a girl about 20 years ago and recently she added me on facebook. I thought it was nice to catch up with an old friend but she's poked me twice now and I'm not sure I want it to go any further but I'm very tempted to poke her back.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #17
Lt_Apple

Im afriand, my friend you failed to see that this was a joke!

It's an IQ test...

Old 10-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #18
Slintreeoost

lol u tk him 2 da bar|?

Old 10-21-2008, 09:36 PM   #19
hapasaparaz

Forget her. Don't chase her, make her chase you. Chances are since you met her at a bar this is a normal game for her. Find another pair of legs to split.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #20
gogoleanylinkfo

Forget her. Don't chase her, make her chase you. Chances are since you met her at a bar this is a normal game for her. Find another pair of legs to split.
I've seen her around before; she was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar when I first met her.

Reply to Thread New Thread