LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
Cyncceply

Default You know, I happen to have a position available on my penis
Wait a second, I think I messed up that joke...

My God that was the best damn line I have EVER heard House say! Followed by about twenty others from tonight's episode!! So freaking funny!

Also, it's really cool that House still rocks so much, I thought the staff change would kill the show but for how much I loved Cameron, 13 is pretty smoking hot too, not Cameron super sweet hot but still a looker!

I'm totally glad Foreman is working closely with House again, they worked well off each other and I'm glad Cameron keeps poking around, I don't actually mind not seeing Chase as much though!

Oh, and way more Wilson, LOTS more Wilson, his character is perfect!

Old 07-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
enactolaelant

what's house

Old 07-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
9Goarveboofe

what's house
A crappy American TV program.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
VoriEremiagem

I prefer the iPhone speak, atleast that made some sense.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
Agitoligflise

I still say we should give him his own board....

Old 07-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
Lipitorseffec

Wait a second, I think I messed up that joke...

My God that was the best damn line I have EVER heard House say! Followed by about twenty others from tonight's episode!! So freaking funny!

Also, it's really cool that House still rocks so much, I thought the staff change would kill the show but for how much I loved Cameron, 13 is pretty smoking hot too, not Cameron super sweet hot but still a looker!

I'm totally glad Foreman is working closely with House again, they worked well off each other and I'm glad Cameron keeps poking around, I don't actually mind not seeing Chase as much though!

Oh, and way more Wilson, LOTS more Wilson, his character is perfect!
Agreed [thumbup], the show is great this season.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:26 PM   #7
Virosponna

Agreed [thumbup], the show is great this season.
Have either of you seen Hugh Laurie's previous work before he went to the US?
It's quite far removed from what he's doing now; a bit of a shocker really.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
Lipitorseffec

Have either of you seen Hugh Laurie's previous work before he went to the US?
It's quite far removed from what he's doing now; a bit of a shocker really.
No, I haven't. Any links or places you could point me to? I was shocked when I saw him in an interview and he had an accent. He really pulls off "arrogant American doctor" quite well.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #9
Virosponna

No, I haven't. Any links or places you could point me to? I was shocked when I saw him in an interview and he had an accent. He really pulls off "arrogant American doctor" quite well.
He had a role in one of my favourite comedies of all time "Blackadder":-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4TKTRV4HM0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6j4_SpM5s0

He's most famous in the UK for his sketch comedy show with Stephen Fry:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUxWdIQVT_c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AePoNJhNgN4

I would never have guessed he would become somewhat of a sex Idol.
In-fact he's the last person I would have imagined.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #10
Xzmwskxn

Don't forget Jeeves & Wooster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZUAxwpMJv8

I wonder how many people are saying 'Hey that's Mr Bean and the chap from Time Team'.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:45 AM   #11
VonErmad4

It's weird as a UK'er seeing Hugh Laurie in House after growing up watching him in shows like Blackadder.

I must say he is very good in House though, at least judging by the episodes I have seen.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:41 AM   #12
Sx1qBli0

Ditto on the show being great this season even though the team got split up. I always hated doctor/hospital shows on TV until House came along. Good show made even better by good characters & great actors. The eye candy never hurts either (Cuddy/Cameron/13/etc.)...

Old 08-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #13
Marc Spilkintin

I have to agrea, the last episode was just great. Whats funny about house actually consulting for the CIA is that would actually be something he'd say to cuddy to get out of doing something. So the fact he was actually doing it makes it even more funny. This episode and the last one have been so funny and full of one liners that i've almost fell out my chair while watching them. I think they are putting extra effort into these episodes this season to make house look even more out there then season's past.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:54 AM   #14
Cyncceply

I have to agrea, the last episode was just great. Whats funny about house actually consulting for the CIA is that would actually be something he'd say to cuddy to get out of doing something. So the fact he was actually doing it makes it even more funny. This episode and the last one have been so funny and full of one liners that i've almost fell out my chair while watching them. I think they are putting extra effort into these episodes this season to make house look even more out there then season's past.
Plus I'm sure the writers want to look as amazing as possible so now that they're on strike they can say "see, look at what we can do!" and use that to back up their demands, lol

Old 09-11-2007, 07:16 AM   #15
autoloanexpert

I still say we should give him his own board....
btw, why do you still have the lain sig?

Old 09-11-2007, 08:54 AM   #16
Qzmsdoem

House was excellent, Bones was very good as well.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #17
Agitoligflise

btw, why do you still have the lain sig?
Answer 1: Cant be ar$ed to make a new one.

Answer 2: Because I didn't actually draw any of it, it still looks good.

Both answers are truthful [thumbup]

Old 11-11-2007, 07:08 AM   #18
jeraveike

I have issues with House... I love the humor, its a funny show and a funny doctor show, which isnt usually done well.

But every episode is the same premise, Someone has a rare illness, they cant figure it out for 45 minutes and keep giving the wrong medicine almost killing them, then in the last 5 minutes or so somebody has a revelation, patient cured end of story... throw in a death every now and then to keep it fresh? bleh...

Again I like the humor and the actors but the whole concept, your watching the same episode over and over with different people.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:24 AM   #19
Marc Spilkintin

I have issues with House... I love the humor, its a funny show and a funny doctor show, which isnt usually done well.

But every episode is the same premise, Someone has a rare illness, they cant figure it out for 45 minutes and keep giving the wrong medicine almost killing them, then in the last 5 minutes or so somebody has a revelation, patient cured end of story... throw in a death every now and then to keep it fresh? bleh...

Again I like the humor and the actors but the whole concept, your watching the same episode over and over with different people.
I think that with House, the whole "saving people's lives" is more of a side story, and that it's more about house and the relationships with everyone around him. The chaos he can cause and the people he can screw with. Thats just me though, even though it's marketed as a medical show, much like ER, it's more of a comedy with a bit of "saving peoples lives" thrown in. [yes][yes]

Old 11-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #20
jeraveike

I think that with House, the whole "saving people's lives" is more of a side story, and that it's more about house and the relationships with everyone around him. The chaos he can cause and the people he can screw with. Thats just me though, even though it's marketed as a medical show, much like ER, it's more of a comedy with a bit of "saving peoples lives" thrown in. [yes][yes]
True, especially with the new season, its less about actually curing people and more about house screwing with everybody... which is the best part of the show anyways.

Reply to Thread New Thread