LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
furious1

Default JVC CD player removal
Morning all,

I managed to acquire a '97 Toyota Celica GT last night (silver, leather interior - looks smart ) and it has an old school JVC cd player in it which doesnt seem to want to play CD's. This is no biggie as i had an ever-so-slightly more modern one from my previous car that i want to swap in anyway.

Now, originally there must have been a double DIN radio in there and also the fascia surrounding the CD player overlaps a little bit but the main problem is even getting the player to come loose at all. I have the removal tools for my JVC which i assume will be pretty similar to whatever would have been for the old one but, alas, i cant seem to get anything to 'catch' on them - or if i am then the player isnt moving at all anyway.

The missus has a '92 lude and her CD player was actually bolted in from the rear where the rubber stop usually is - is this a common thing on jap cars?

Anyone had any previous experience getting out a stubborn CD player from their car? I can destroy if needs be!!

edit: looks like some panel removal will be necessary... o well.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:51 PM   #2
Buhoutsoupfap

find a celica forum matey

Old 09-21-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
BGThomasis

www.newcelica.org

They mostly deal with 7th generation Celicas, but you should be able to find a few people who know a lot about the 6th gen. They can probably help you out.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:43 AM   #4
furious1

find a celica forum matey
i didnt realise that it was going to be a car specific job to be honest - all the other cars i have fiddled with (oo-er) have been simple to rip the ICE from... am currently a member of the celica club uk forum anyway and will post there if my powers of deduction fail me tomorrow!

They mostly deal with 7th generation Celicas, but you should be able to find a few people who know a lot about the 6th gen. They can probably help you out.
nice one, i'll go have a look-see

i'll hopefully get some pics up tomorrow if anyone cares... actually i will anyway, pretty chuffed with the upgrade from a 17 year old 1.1 fiesta :P

Old 09-22-2007, 05:17 AM   #5
NvrNoNowX

i'll hopefully get some pics up tomorrow if anyone cares... actually i will anyway, pretty chuffed with the upgrade from a 17 year old 1.1 fiesta :P
Nice. I like how to you say 'acquire'. How exactly did you 'acquire' it

Old 09-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #6
furious1

Nice. I like how to you say 'acquire'. How exactly did you 'acquire' it
little bit wooo... little bit wayyy

to be honest - must have looked a little bit weird rocking up with a brown paper envelope full of £20's :P

Reply to Thread New Thread