LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #1
Obenuearema

Default New HDTV, how's this?
I really know next to nothing about HDTV's, but this is what I have picked out:

Samsung LNT4061F

It's around $1400, 40", 1080P, HDMI, blah blah blah. Is this good for the money? Is there something else I should look at? I would like the screen NOT to be glossy. Can't stand glossy lcd's. Right now it will just be used for TV/Movies (I have a DVD player that upscales) / and Wii. I will eventually get a 360 (If the wife lets me [surrender]).

Also, I can't stand when restaurants & bars have regular cable playing and the screen is stretched to fit widescreen. Is there a way to force the screen to the normal aspect ratio? I assume this would put black bars on the sides of the screen, but that would be much better than stretching everything.

Thanks!

Old 09-14-2007, 07:04 AM   #2
margoaroyo

Pretty sure that TV is called : Samsung LE-40M87BD in the UK.

Very good TV, good choice.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
Lgcjqxlw

Good choice. I'm not sure about that model, but my LNT4071 has options to set the screen to 16:9, 4:3, 2 Zoom levels, Wide fit and Just scan.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:47 AM   #4
baxodrom

I just picked up a 23 inch Samsung LCD HDTV, same model line and styling, I'm very happy with it, and that TV should have an option to put the screen at 4:3, at least mine does, so assuming this is a better/larger model, that one should have it too. I would also recommend going in to a place like Circuit City before buying to look at the TV. I would also try and negotiate with them before buying online as you may be able to get a better price in the store after negotiating than online, the salesman I bought my Samsung LCD from took about 10% off of the already discounted sales price.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
Obenuearema

I just picked up a 23 inch Samsung LCD HDTV, same model line and styling, I'm very happy with it, and that TV should have an option to put the screen at 4:3, at least mine does, so assuming this is a better/larger model, that one should have it too. I would also recommend going in to a place like Circuit City before buying to look at the TV. I would also try and negotiate with them before buying online as you may be able to get a better price in the store after negotiating than online, the salesman I bought my Samsung LCD from took about 10% off of the already discounted sales price.
Good suggestion, that's just what I plan on doing this weekend at BB. I have a 10% coupon for them too and I'll bring the newegg ad with as well. Can't hurt to try.

Looks like this is what I'm buying then [thumbup]!

Old 09-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
LianneForbess

I have that very TV and I like it a lot. More features than the last Samsung LCD TV I had. And yeah you don't have to stretch 4:3 broadcast.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
WeestDype

The Samsung LCD's are great. You would love that TV. But for the same price you could get a 50" Panasonic plasma, or Samsung Plasma. Just something to think about.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
Giselle

Can't fault the Samsung lcd's, I have a 40" and its great.

Reply to Thread New Thread